Lanark Scotia Bank

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Lanark Scotia Bank.

2016-07-14 12:01

The bank is needed in lanark for the seniors as not all of them drive and it has been there for many many yrs .

2016-07-14 12:02

The bank in Lanark is vital to the community. It's not just lanark it saves but everyone on the surrounding area. To bank in Perth is very inconvenient, no parking and not as personal. For anyone with a disability they would have to park so far away . A lot of people are on fixed income to travel to perth is more costly and not everyone has a car , they rely on others. As for online banking not everyone has Internet, that's another 80 .00 if your area can get it. A lot of people don't even have or know how to use a computer. What business would want to stay or come to Lanark without the bank.

#3 NOVA SCOTIA bank closing

2016-07-14 14:43

I don't believe that NOVA Scotia is not making money at this branch and it is going to cost us money to go 20 KM to do our banking there new saying is make us poor than you think

#4 Re:

2016-07-14 15:09

#2: - We totally agree with you. Very well put.We also feel that the The Bank  of Nova Scotia should remain in the village  of Lanark to serve that community and the surrounding areas.

2016-07-14 16:32

Too far to drive to the next bank and I am geared to income and cant afford the extra money to go to the bank that is 20 km away

2016-07-14 19:03

The Lanark scotibank has been vital to those in the village and especially in the surround rural environments. They provide and excellent service in an accessible environment. Due to the geographic nature of the rural landscape and limited transportation options for those on fixed incomes attending the bank in Perth or Carleton place is not realistic. Internet is not always available to those homes. With an increase in the cost of living and hydro adding an internet bill is sometimes out of the question! Corporate/suits need to rethink this!!!!

2016-07-14 21:29

Started my banking in Lanark and still stop by every so often . ScotiaBank made a billion last year what do they want 2 billion ???

2016-07-14 21:59

As a mother of three young children who is unable to drive due to being visually impaired, the grand daughter of a life long resident who also cannot drive and a believer in the need to keep business and employment within our community, I urge The ivory tower to reconsider this decision. The amount of walk in clients alone who need to deal with tellers, should be an indication to how much this community relies on the Lanark branch
Some of our local businesses only accept cash, how will they fair if we don't have means to withdrawal funds?
How about the senior population that pay their bills only at the teller? The mental stress alone on these individuals should be considered.
I will definitely be choosing another bank if the local branch's door close. it's clear as individuals, families and business owners, our client base isn't important

2016-07-14 23:25

This Branch has been here since the village came into being!We have lost so much losing the bank, might as well close down the village.

2016-07-15 13:33

As a young mom who doesn't always have access to a vehicle having the bank close by is vital. I choose to still go in and use a teller as much as possible because I like to have that personal service. You never feel rushed in lanark unlike Perth or Carleton place and they are so friendly. Earlier this year I won tickets to a sens game through this branch and I think they were just as excited as I was about it! You don't get that in a bigger bank. I have been with Scotiabank for over 14 years now, I opened my account in lanark, if this branch closes as promised I will be switching my business elsewhere because if I can't bank in my own town due to higher ups not thinking we as clients are important then why not give my business to someone else.  Please reconsider and keep our bank where it is needed most! 

2016-07-15 17:04

The people of Lanark need this bank there.Think of all the elderly people who can't get to other banks in nearby towns. I think the bank should stay there.

2016-07-15 19:22

We need our bank.

2016-07-18 12:47

The bank is a neccessity in the village of Lanark. Please do not close it.