Save Our Royal Mail Delivery Offices

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Save Our Royal Mail Delivery Offices.

2016-08-18 12:16

Local Royal Mail Delivery Offices are extremely important to local community life. Here in Marple Bridge local people have a great relationship with our postman/women. To have random and unknown postman calling, as would happen if it went to a central office, would detrimental to all areas. Plus to loose the Local Delivery Office which is a wonderful facility and well used, to travel to Stockport is very difficult for most local people. It would be a backward step for everyone concerned. Royal Mail should look in other directions to raise money not by weakening the product.

2016-08-18 12:53

As a non driver with two small children I need a local delivery office to collect parcels. I could not afford to travel into Stockport with the kids just to collect a parcel. It's bad enough we have lost a certain bus service and our only bank, soon we'll have nothing to keep our community going.

2016-08-18 12:57

I live in the local area and this service is important to me and my family.

2016-08-18 13:22

Because this delivery of five is local and convenient to collect any parcels etc.

2016-08-18 13:47

It's the man in the street that is suffering again here.

Why don't RM increase the charges for franked mail?

Stamped Letter: 100g 1st: 64p 2nd: 55p
Franked Letter: 100g 1st: 51p 2nd: 37p
Difference: 13p 18p

2016-08-18 13:57

Working full time and with more and more Internet Shopping I quite often have to go to the LOCAL Bredbury sorting office to retrieve parcels for myself and my wife

2016-08-18 16:28

We should not have to face a reduction of facilities resulting in job cuts within local communities.

2016-08-18 17:18

We use this facility frequently.

2016-08-18 18:11

Feel strongly about the direction Royal Mail is going
We have already lost our morning deliveries second deliveries ,post now arriving anytime from 1pm-5pm
Now seems to concentrating on profit and dividends for shareholders before customers needs
Closing the sorting office would mean at least a 10 mile round trip to collect items this would greatly be of concern to our older residents and non drivers as there is no direct local services to green lane sorting office so at least a 2 hour journey ,not to mention the increase in greenhouse gases that would occur from transporting the mail and posties to Stockport and back each day in approx 14 Diesel engined vehicles
Why change a system and office that's been part of the British way of life for 500 years
How long is left on the lease for the Marple sorting office??

2016-08-18 18:25

Because the result of the closures will result in people losing their jobs and the service from Royal Mail being the poorer. It will probably give our busy post office even more work and mean longer than ever queues for customers

2016-08-18 18:26

I live in Marple and would find it difficult to get to a Stockport sorting office to collect mail that the postman has tried to deliver while I have been out!

2016-08-18 18:34

Iv no interest of working from Stockport office, save Bredbury delivery Office !!!

2016-08-18 18:38

As a long standing Marple Resident, 61years, There has always been a call for the Delivery Office, I could not manage without the service, as van deliveries always seem to come to my home whilst I am out, therefore I have to collect from the delivery office, the following day, where would I have to travel to, to collect my packages? Would this place be on the bus route? And after all -what are the postal stamps and fees for ? To deliver to your address. This does sound like another opening for the private postal services and a nail in the coffin of Royal Mail.

#64 Re:

2016-08-18 19:15

#63: -  

You will Collect mail from green lane near pyramid in Stockport 

no direct bus route to the office

postage helps pays for bonuses for bosses, it's easy to check the payments online that are being paid to senior RM management 

if you want to see the future of the postal service  see what's happened to the Canadian postal service a few years back who just happened to have Mrs M Green in charge before she was brought into Royal Mail 

2016-08-18 19:17

Because I would be directly inconvenienced if the Bredbury delivery office was closed. The delivery office at bredbury provides a much needed service to the residents of Romiley, bredbury and Woodley - it would cause massive inconvenience if it were to close, together with Marple

2016-08-18 19:36

We need local delivery offices to reduce traffic between Stockport and Marple/Romily area

2016-08-18 20:15

It affects my parents

2016-08-18 20:51

Delivery offices are essential services to our towns and villages and need to stay.

2016-08-18 20:51

This will affect me as I live in Woodley.

2016-08-18 21:14

These offices are vital to the community especially for people who live alone or the elderly and for families who both work.

2016-08-18 21:48

This is a ridiculous plan. Our local offices are a vital part of the community and very well used. Regardless of what time I go to collect a parcel it is always busy at the Bredbury office. This is not an underused service. The Stockport office is not accessible with no direct public transport links and collecting parcels will require more car journeys adding to pollution and congestion. 

2016-08-18 22:37

To save my local office
Oldtimer

#73 Save our Royal Mail Delivery Offices

2016-08-18 22:43

I have lived in Woodley for 50 years and have always been impressed by the service provided by the Romiley Delivery Office and by the obliging staff there. My husband and I are both in our late 70's and  find getting into Stockport difficult. As we now have to do an increasing  amount of mail order shopping, we would find it difficult to collect parcels from the Stockport office. To close the Romiley Office will make life much more difficult for elderly residents.

2016-08-18 22:59

Because not everybody has the time or transport available to make an hour round trip to collect a parcel!

2016-08-18 23:10

Because the sorting office in Marple, is extremely useful, and well used. There is a lot of elderly people in Marple who wouldn't be able to get to the pyramid in Stockport.