Save Our Royal Mail Delivery Offices

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Save Our Royal Mail Delivery Offices.

2016-08-18 23:16

Because the alternative collection depot is too far away to get to and very inconvenient as it will take two bus rides from high lane, I don't understand why this decision is being made at all it is so unfair.

2016-08-19 07:37

Our Royal Mail Sorting office is a vital service to the General Public - as well as the fact that so many things regarding our mail cannot be done on line ! How far do businesses have to travel to get the same service as we do in Marple Deliver and Sorting office if it is closed?

2016-08-19 08:11

Another step backwards by Stockport council and the post office. They keep wanting to build houses and supermarkets but forget the Local community when it comes to the simple things such as sending letters. Marple is also used by British gas engineers, to collect parts deliverys so expect more delay and disruption!.

2016-08-19 08:40

Because if they shut I would not be able to come and collect any of the parcels I have delivered if I was not in. It's to far away and having a disabled son to look after it would just add extra stress. There are also lots of old people that live here and could not get to the pyramid. Would have to start to think on how to get different ways of delivering as many would and that would start to kill of Royal Mail. How sad

2016-08-19 09:26

im so angry that this country can send millions of £money abroad knowing its being silted off into the back pockets of fat cats and those in power will not stop this happening whilst our nhs,housing, jobs,emigration,towns cities,villages,our p0st system, are suffering to substitute all this, houses and dole being given out to the enemy, and now there going close local post office distribution depts ,putting more people out of work,etc, yes i have signed, cheers

2016-08-19 09:58

There's a lot of people living in the area that don't have transport and are elderly......it would be impossible to get to the Pyramid. It would be another nail in the coffin for Royal Mail.....but maybe that's what they want

2016-08-19 14:52

The Royal mail local services are vital tothe community

2016-08-19 15:35

Royal Mail are making a big mistake with this proposal. People will use other and often cheaper courier services. I for one will no longer order goods delivered by Royal Mail. Keep these offices open.

2016-08-19 17:02

Because of the difficulty of going to stockport and the increased traffic this would cause

2016-08-19 19:38

We need to keep local people in jobs and also it would be a nightmare having to get to Stockport if you needed to collect a letter or parcel. Especially if you've no transport

2016-08-19 20:09

Because I strenuously object to the sorting office in Marple being closed. It is yet another blow to the community.

2016-08-19 21:27

So I don't have to join traffic to pick up a parcel. I can walk to Marple

2016-08-20 09:13

If the offices shut the nearest would be Stockport which will add to the nightmare journey we have driving to Stockport also not the best place to park due to how busy it is now.

it is not easy to park.

2016-08-20 18:38

Used this Royal Mail delivery office for the past 40 year. . Local and convenient if you have to pick a parcel up

2016-08-20 20:28

I use this delivery office a lot and i know its a massive help to people who have to work and cannot be in to receive parcels. It would make it very inconveinient to myself and others if it is closed.

2016-08-20 23:52

I use this sorting office on a regular basis - it would be unreasonable and environmentally unsound for people to travel into Stockport to collect their parcels etc this is also a base for local postman. This would surely have a negative impact on the post office as a business and the people they employ !

2016-08-21 08:09

nobody thinks of older people these days all they they think about is how they can put money in their own pockets

2016-08-21 10:48

I am concerned that this is the beginning of the end for universal deliveries. Link this to what is happening to our Crown Post Office Services and you have the full privatisation of the PO.

2016-08-21 19:15

Because I use this office frequently.

2016-08-22 05:03

I signed because I used it regularly and having to go further a field would make it difficult, it's so handy and the staff are great and very helpful

2016-08-22 07:07

Because I own a direct mail firm in Bredbury and these offices are very useful. I am also sick of Pist Offices , Banks , Pubs and shops closing - we are loosing community spirit

2016-08-22 07:13

How can elderly people or those without a car get to Stockport to pick up their undelivered mail? How can people on a limited budget afford the travel costs? Make our local Post Office the collection point, like Disley residents pick their mail up from Disley Post Office.

2016-08-22 07:52

We need our local depot

2016-08-22 11:20

Because we are fed up of local facilities constantly being eroded by large businesses. Also jobs will disappear and expenses for employees will increase as they have to travel further to work.

2016-08-22 11:45

Because I support the proposal behind it! More closures means disproportionately more traffic and a deteriorating quality of service despite possible claims to the contrary which are just a pr whitewash on a drive to maximise profit at the expense of the public for whose benefit the service (yes it is a public service) was set up in the first place.