STO Bus service for Connaught Area and vicinity

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition STO Bus service for Connaught Area and vicinity.

2016-10-01 23:18

We are being penalised for living behind Riverhead. We have no choice but to catch the bus there. Quite often the bus is almost full and you have to stand on the way in. On the way home I catch the bus at Wellington and bank. The 59 is always full and drives right by. I have to wait for 2, sometimes 3 buses before I can get on. Then it's standing room only for sure. I have been late for daycare five times already and I get fined each time. If it continues I could be kicked out of daycare. I can't leaveang earlier. I suggest increasing the numberof 59's at rush hour and also having the larger accordian buses.

2016-10-03 13:14

This the most ridiculous bus routes and schedule I've ever seen.

2016-10-04 11:39

Unfortunately none of the changes made on Aug 29 have had the intended effect of improving the service to the Aylmer area. From Parliament hill to Aylmer (a less than 10 km stretch) the average morning commute is 40 minutes and the evening even worse at 52 minutes

#4 Re:

2016-10-04 12:30

#3: -  

It had one of the effects they were looking for according to what some sto publicity and staff mentioned, to take pressure off the Rivermead Park and ride which now is of course half empty every day... it's ironic that what's supposed to be a public transit hub is now excluded from many of the buses going downtown and still the 59 that was put in place to serve the area stops everywhere else making it very slow...don't understand why don't they have buses that only stop at the Park and rides and then downtown plus other slow ones that go around in an Aylmer circuit for the stops in between.

2016-10-04 17:51

If the 4x are not stopping at Rivermead, at least #59 should start there. So more people can get on the bus after waiting for over 10 minutes.