MumNet's Caregiver Louisa

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition MumNet's Caregiver Louisa.

2011-12-05 03:48

Unfortunately an event that occurred based on good intent actually led to actions showing poor judgement. No one can deny the fear of the mothers whose infants were involved and the harm that these infants were exposed to. I fully sympathize with the families involved.
The part that is now in question is the manner in which the matter was dealt with and if a specific policy for such a dismissal was in existence at MumNet. If there was no policy in place, I would have hoped that investigating standard protocols used in daycares would have been reviewed in determining the appropriate actions as opposed to making a decision in the midst of the emotional reaction of the occurrence of the events.
If there was a policy in place that the childcare workers are all fully aware of (including actions that could lead to dismissal or probation) than I need to respect your decision. I do hope that this event will be learned from and help create improved care and procedures.