Petition to Keep Mr. Almasian at Jackson Davis Elementary

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Petition to Keep Mr. Almasian at Jackson Davis Elementary.

2012-05-21 05:59

I think mr. Almasian should stay principal at jdes.. He's been an outstanding principal thus far.. There is no reason why you should bring in a new principal when the one we already have is perfect.. He's great with our children.. I really would like him to stay principal..
Julie D

#2 He is very special

2012-05-21 16:58

Mr. Almasian is an outstanding principal, whom the students, parents, and staff adore. As a parent and a teacher (at another school) myself, I do not see the logic in replacing someone this accomplished and beloved. The community at Jackson Davis WANTS Mr. Almasian as our leader, and we implore the School Board to respect our request that he be allowed to continue his amazing work at the school.

2012-05-21 17:07

Please let Mr. Almasian stay & celebrate the 50th birthday of JDES!!! He is so proud of this elementary school!

2012-05-21 20:41

Please do not move the best principal Jackson Davis has ever had.
Jeff B.

#5 JDES

2012-05-21 20:41

Mr. Almasian has done an incredible job building, growing, and engaging the parents and faculty at JDES for the benefit of all students. The JDES community is involved and strong, thanks in large part to the leadership of Mr. Almasian. While I see the need to install proven leaders at underperforming schools, it should not be to the detriment of JDES and its student body. I ask the School Board to consider the positive impact Mr. Almasian makes each day in the lives of all that make up the JDES community. Reward him for outstanding leadership and dedication to education by allowing him to continue as our principal - DON'T ship him out!

2012-05-21 22:31

My son and I love Mr. A!
Mary M -

2012-05-22 00:26

School Board member, Diana Winston, recently spoke at the Henrico Teacher of the Year awards ceremony. In her remarks, Mrs. Winston spoke about the relationships that schools foster with their neighborhood communities. Not only does a principal build postive relaitonships with families, these relationships extend to surrounding businesses where much of the school's fund-raising programs are connected. Each year a principal builds new relationships with new clientele - parents, students and other community members. There must be a tremendous amount of DATA that supports Mr. Almasian's successful efforts to build an exceptional JDES community - both inside the school and out in the community. The young children of JDES love and respect Mr. Almasian. The parents of JDES believe that Mr. Almasian is the best administrator to continue to lead our school community to even more success.
Mr. Almasian is the "father" of our school family. I expect that he will be allowed to continue to bring his talent, knowledge and love to the Davis Dolphin Community.

2012-05-22 00:32

There are not enough words to say how much Mr. Almasian means to this school and community!!! We want Mr. Alamasian to stay with JDES and the community, especially to celebrate the 50th Anniv.!
concerned parent

2012-05-22 00:53

Please do not allow Dr. Russo to run our Henrico Schools "like a business." Mr. Almasian is such a successful principal that replacing a dedicated administrator seems like an agenda that is not part of the proven Henrico Co. vision.
Strategic Plan (taken from the HCPS Vision and Mission Statement)
•We will always base our decisions and actions on the best interests of students.
•We will always conduct ourselves with honesty, respect and integrity.
•We will value the input of others.
•We will never give up on any student.
•We will never tolerate discrimination.
•We will never compromise excellence.
It is NOT in the best interest of the students to replace Mr. Almasian. Students love, trust and respect his leadership. How can you explain that Mr. Almasian "isn't good enough anymore" to JDES students?
"We will value the imput of others." - Hopefully, School Board members will understand how JDES parents value the committment that Mr. Almasian has made to our school. We believe that he can only bring MORE success to our children, and we look forward to his leadership for many years to come.

2012-05-22 05:10

Please keep Mr. Almasian at JDES as we also have another child entering Kindergarten in Sept.

2012-05-22 15:48

Thanks for listening...
Monica M

2012-05-22 18:52

Please keep Mr. Almasian in place. I have heard so many wonderful things about him and Jackson Davis over the past few years and now that I get to experience it all first hand (my oldest child entered Kindergarten this year), he could be replaced? That would be just my luck! Please let him reap the benefit of all the fine work he has done to make Jackson Davis the terrific little school it is.

2012-05-22 19:14

Jackson Davis has been carefully and diligetly managed by Mr. Almasian for these 9 years. I firmly believe this school would not thrive the way it has without him. Please let him stay with his school family.

2012-05-23 15:18

Mr. Almasian has been an integral part of our sons life and we need him to stay to continue moving the school in the right direction. Random moving of principals will not increase a childs nurturing experience unless there happens to be tension or a problem with the current principal. Thank you.

2012-05-23 15:20

My son is a better person because of the support and encouragement he receives from Mr. Alamasian.

#16 Mr. Almasian should stay at Davis for the best interest of the children!

2012-05-24 03:59

Mr. Almasian has been a part of my life for the last eight years as my administrator, and I can tell you without a doubt the best principal I have ever worked for. He has brought tradition, unity and stability to the Davis school and its community. We have rising fifth graders who are expecting to be apart of a wonderful tradition...The 5th grade musical/play. It is a part of Davis that no other school even attempts. The community bonds together and comes out in droves to see a musical that Mr. Almasian WRITES himself. Eight solid years of musical and stage performances by our children. What an educational experience they been given! We have kindergarteners and their parents who expect to be part of this wonderful experience and look forward to it every year. Remember the mission statement of the county "We will always base our decisions and actions on the best interest of the children." Please leave Mr. Almasian at Davis for the betterment of the school, community, staff and most importantly, the children...Thank you!