stop wiills being contested

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition stop wiills being contested.

donna

#1 why

2013-06-28 10:46

Donna Arundale AUSTRALIA ·
Liked 1 because when my 91 yrs old fatherinlaw died he left his wwhole estate too my disabled sisterinalw and none too my partner. The courts decided that he was entitled too s share dispite my father inlaws wishes that his disabled daughter will have a roof over her head for life. Now she and her carer are facing homelessness. My Ex was a violent man bashed his sister and me often and abused his children. Too date my sister inlaw is still in lingo she cant secure private rental, housing nsws will not provide her housing because she is coming into money even though its the house isnt sold yet. Its not looking good for her now her carer my daughter has a tumor if he wasnt able too contest the wishes of his father his disabled sister and daughter would have a home a rood over their heads. New laws need too be brought in too protect the wishes of the deceased and for those it was left too.
mjdboys

#2 why

2013-06-28 10:47

this is a very good reason why it needs to be changed
mjdboys

#3 why

2013-06-28 15:11

my grand mother died just a short time ago and she left the house to my mum as she has 2 brothers they both own there own home and my mum doesnt so my grand mother made shore they all had some where to live my mum is 69 years old and has no money but her older brother thinks he should have his share and wants my mum to sell the house if this happens my mum will be living on the streets as she wont be able to get anywhere to rent due to cost and avalibity .

#4 opinion

2013-07-03 12:13

please can everyone put a reason why you would like to see it be changed if you can think of something as everyone opinion helps us do it
ry preston

#5 please help

2013-09-22 11:00

hi I am writing to you to see if you could help my mum and myself and my 3 sons who are 15,16,and 17 years old . mums mum maiden name was Doris Hancock and she died in January this year at 93 years old. She had 2 sons and a daughter who is my mum. All Doris owned was a house worth about $280.000 and $6,000 dollar's in the bank to pay for her funeral which was a bout $1,000 dollar's short so mum and my self paid the difference mum is 69 years old and has very little money just $ 5,000 in the bank to pay for her funeral I am 45 years old and when I left school in 1983 my nana ask me if i would come and paint her house in side and out while i was waiting to get a job so i did it was only about 3 months and my dad got me a job as a highway truck mechanic. I lived with her for about 5 years while I was doing my apprenticeship and fixing up the house and had to ride a push bike for 1 hour each way to work so me and her were very close as my dad who was a builder and i did every thing that need to be done to the house so she had a soft spot for me now i am on a disability pension so money is hard to save I had a good job as a plant mechanic in the coal mines but I injured my back from manual lifting things for so many years so then i lost my wife as she was just there for money because when the money stopped she went and got some one else then in January 2007 my dad died from smoking to much of lung cancer than Doris in 2008 was diagnosed with frontal lobe dementia so i came down and lived with her for about 6 months Monday to Friday as i had my boys on week ends until mum left her job and came and lived with her to look after her Nana left the house in the will to my mum reason why is mums younger brother owns his own home and he respects his mums wishes and her older brother owns his own home and has done nothing for her much i asked them could they help pay to fix her fence and they said who do you think we are a bank but when she died they are the first ones to put there hand out for the money its not fair where mum and i did every thing for her that's why nana made shore all her kid had some where to live she left the house to my mum in her will just before she went into a nursing home not long before she died she asked me to come and stay in her room to help mum so that is what happened I had about $50,000 dollars left from my back payout so I got the bath room , laundry, repaired all the walls and got it repainted inside had floor boards put down , built-ins wardrobes put in the rooms new vertical blinds .6 new celling fans a twin split system air conditioner .solar hot water system and new back up electric hot water system , new oven and stove and it goes on so now I have $4,000 that I have just started to save because mum eldest brother that has never done a thing to the house nor did he ever go and see her while she was in the nursing home she was there for 3 years and he never went there once he sent his wife there to find out what was in the will and when she found out that it was left to mum and if mum died it was left to me she never went back again or even did the eldest brother go to her funeral but was the first 1 to want a 3rd share of the house and put us on the streets we have been to most of the banks and they wont lend us any money to pay him something to make it go away or to fight it in court so my last thought is to asks some people that may be able to help we don't want you to give us money for free but to help with a low interest loan so we don't have to lose the house and if anything happened you will own the houses and you will keep the deeds to the house until we paid it back hope you can help thanking you gary preston