Petition to get street lights and sidewalk on Rice Street

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Petition to get street lights and sidewalk on Rice Street.

2013-09-19 15:18

needs to get done,that road is very dangerous at night and no one else needs to feel the unease of going down that road without a car or truck being able to see them properly and to be out of the road properly

2013-09-19 15:57

It is very important that Rice Street gets street lights and sidewalks because it is so dark at night and too much traffic for people to be walking on the shoulder. It's very un safe and should be a huge priority!

2013-09-20 19:26

In such a popular place for families there's no reason why there shouldn't be a side walk. We already lost a young, full of so much life left young adult. What if it was a teenager that doesn't have a car and is biking home and gets killed? You'd feel terrible if you let this just go. Street lights and side walks isn't that much to save anyone's lives.

2013-09-22 03:18

Please sign u know if this was ur kid or ur friend u would want the same thing done.

2013-09-22 03:31

It was my son that was killed on Rice St at the bottom of the hill. There really needs to be lights there and all along the lake. That streach of road has been scary since I was a kid 30 years ago

2013-09-22 03:31

Everyone sign

2013-09-22 16:41

I grew up on rice street. The safer the better for the people and children of 2013 and on.
katie

#8 this will help out the community and visitors

2013-09-24 14:18

I have lived near this area for many years, 1. it's a safety concern. 2. there is always bikers, walkers, roller-bladers, and skateboarders going up and down this street at anytime. 3. street-lights or sidewalks will make it safer for everyone. 4 my best friend was killed on this street there's a possibility that if there was a sidewalk or lights the out come might have been different. 5. my kids are getting older and they too will end up doing activities that have them going up and down the street.

2013-09-25 02:22

This may save another person's life since one was lost.

2013-11-03 14:13

I've lived in White Bear lake for seven year's, and have lost two of my friends due to the busy streets with lack of lights, and crosswalks! Busy roads should be more safer, and if the back streets of my neighbor hood have lights I believe a street with a higher flow of traffic deserves lights too! Please take the time and effort to make Rice Street safer I drive down that street often, and it's a hard road see when you drive on it at night especially with all the little ones that live in the area we must take action, and allow them to live in a safer environment. Yes accidents may happen but taking the steps to prevent them can go a long way!

2014-06-19 01:37

My best friend got hit and killed do to not being visible at night because of no lighting

2014-06-23 16:46

I don't want to see another innocent person be killed, by a vehicle because the driver can't see them.

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2015-07-15 20:41

2015-07-15 20:43

This is a dangerous area for both pedestrians and motorists
A

#15 Absolutely

2015-07-15 21:31

i live right across the street from this and remember vividly the day that this too young of a man was killed.  I have three kids of my own and will not let them anywhere near this stretch at dusk. The sad thing is that great hiking/biking trails are SO close but we just can't get through this dangerous area to get to them.

2015-07-17 04:05

Because we need the Street Lights on rice st in Shoreview