Polk County Zoning

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Polk County Zoning.

2013-10-09 01:12

Power to the people!

2013-10-09 01:12

as with ALL government zoning is out of control and should be downsized and more closely scrutinized.....
The Constitution Man

2013-10-09 01:20

If you bought it, paid for it, and wish to use it as you see fit, and it's not harming your neighbor or the lake the government should stay out of it period.

2013-10-09 10:46

If i am paying for it do not tell me what I can and can't do with it! time govt works for the people and not against the people!

2013-10-09 21:39

when polk raises my taxes they don't ask me if I want to pay more.. we should be able to make our properties more appealing without these limitations . Dwight Simpson

#6 "a great source of prosperity, jobs and tax revenue?"

2013-10-10 02:18

Lake home construction isn't the only source. Near Dresser, a DNR designated natural resource given protective registration, lies idle. The business would provide over 100 new jobs with the pay equivalent to over 200 Wal-Mart jobs. Another $50,000/year would be generated in property taxes and untold thousands in county sales tax revenue. It sits because of a Not In My Backyard minority of protesters who have either high income jobs or lucrative retirements. Property rights belong to everyone. Job opportunities should too.

2013-10-10 12:12

The people that talked at the meeting had the wrong idea of what is being done. Read the changes so you know what it says.

2013-10-10 14:29

Those who purchase waterfront property want to use, enjoy and share our wonderful lakefront property. We feel a special stewardship to protect those waters. We do everything we can to protect and preserve the natural wonders around us.
We need to use common sense, not restrictive rules to improve and protect what we are enjoying. I am so grateful we have owners AND contractors who operate with the best interest of the land around them in mind.

This post has been removed by the author of this petition (Show details)

2013-10-10 18:23

2013-10-10 20:00

My main issue is the 70 foot set back from the lake does not allow me to have a decent deck! The deck on the front of my house is only 5 feet wide! Set backs should not be 70 feet what is wrong with 50 feet?
Chou

#11 Choice

2013-10-13 15:29

We choose to have lake front property in Polk County - what comes along with choice is paying taxes- significant taxes that go to support the schools and needs of individuals that live in Polk County- that is great. I typically do not see that coming back to support the lake?
We also use the lake we have property on- my kids swim in it, we eat fish that come from it and enjoy it- who do think has the best interest of the lake in-mind- the residents of the lake!
We want to improve property - we are proud of it and want friends and family to come enjoy it - requires sleeping room, deck space, etc. in return these people come spend more money in Polk County at restaurants, stores, etc.
The gov't has a choice -support those who choose to help make Polk County succeed or leave us with a choice to spend and invest our money else where-

2014-03-25 17:38

Owning property on a lake or river is a huge responsibility. In order to preserve the lake for our children and grandchildren and those who use it regularly, we need to pay attention to what we are doing to the lake by ignoring shoreland ordinances. Changes are subtle and longlasting --
for the good or for the bad. If you are lucky enough to be on the lake, you are lucky enough.
Take responsibility and participate in Lake Management. Your property values depend on it!