JUSTICE FOR QUANTO

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition JUSTICE FOR QUANTO.

Morgan

#1 Quanto

2013-10-10 01:27

I humbly ask that the law be changed to reflect that an animal used in the line of duty that is assaulted and or killed in that line of duty be given the same justice as a human officer of the law. Any person charged for such an act should face the same charges as if it was a crime against a human officer. These animals give their devotional and unconditional love and duty to the job and are very much a part of each department and partner they serve. Please change the law to reflect the justice they deserve for crimes committed against them.

2013-10-10 01:29

Make this criminal pay HARDER THAN HELL FOR SHOOTING A POLICE OFFICER! AS K-9'S ARE AWARDED JUST AS HIGH OF STANDARDS AND HONORS! MAKE THE ONLY DECISION YOU CAN THERS NO "THINKING"ABOUT THIS! #JUSTICEFORQUANTO. MAKE THIS RIGHT!!!

2013-10-10 01:31

My heart broke when I read about Quanto please help get justice for Quanto

2013-10-10 01:40

This dog deserves justice he served his life as a four legged police officer

2013-10-10 04:25

I strongly believe that more severe charges should be in place for the murder of service animals. After all, they serve people like humans, why should they be considered a "lesser" being?

2013-10-10 12:04

Service dogs deserve more than a fine when murdered in the line of duty.. pleasse take a serious look at the proposed legislation.

2013-10-10 16:05

Alberta is far behind other police agencies across Canada, North America and Europe with respect to laws of harm or abuse to service animals. Special provisions for Police Service Dogs should be made as they aid in the pursuit in criminal justice and as we have just been most tragically reminded, they face great danger as well. This should be what everyone in Edmonton is talking about right now. Citizens should be compelling this discussion during this municipal election, writing and emailing their MLA's as well as their MPs. It's time to put real pressure on politicians that the citizens of of Edmonton, Alberta and Canada have elected, to finally make these changes both provincial legislation and the criminal code of Canada. These changes have been requested before but NOTHING has been done and no legislation amendments produced, WHY??

2013-10-10 23:32

This is murder

2013-10-11 00:48

Perhaps my k9 partner could help in dealing out the justice to this individual.

2013-10-11 01:31

He died protecting us...

#11 Quanto

2013-10-11 04:51

Quanto didn't back down in the line of duty, and lost his life.If he was a two legged officer, the person being charged, would be charged with murder!!

2013-10-11 15:15

Long overdue.

2013-10-12 15:48

This is a great petition, I hope you get thousands of signatures & it goes through. Animals both Service & Non Service have a right to live a wonderful life. Have a awesome day

2013-10-12 21:05

anyone who hurts a K9 cop should face the same consiquences that would occur to one that harms a human cop!
Morgan

#15 Re: Justice for Quanto

2013-10-13 01:32

#13: -

Please share on facebook, Twitter or send and email to all your friends with the link to the petition. Your help would be greatly appreciated and so deserving to Quanto

2013-10-17 04:49

Absolutely. Any violence against a police service animal should result in minimum / mandatory jail time
CC

2013-10-17 14:36

I ask everyone who signs to please forward the link to this page to everyone you know. Although the House has said they are going follow through with getting these laws changed, we as citizens need to keep at them so that it doesn't get put on the back burner like it was twice before.....1998 when police service dog Cesar was shot to death, then again in 2006 when police horse Brigadier was purposely run down and had to be euthanized. We can't keep letting these criminals get away with a mere animal cruelty charge. It needs to be amended asap, and I personally won't stop until they actually get it done. I am still going to be sending emails and eventually this petition to the federal government. Until the laws are changed, we must not just quit lobbying for the good of not just police dogs, but all animals!
I want to thank everyone for signing, and supporting this very worthy cause.
Angie--aka--CC
Dave

#18 Do not use animals

2013-10-17 16:18

when an animal is used as a weapon, it does not have the sense of danger - it is trained to obey commands often at peril to it's own life. Essentially it's ability to sense danger and avoid the danger is replaced with aggression. Once the attack begins the subject will continue to flail as the victim of the attack is not programmed or trained to not move - we of the flesh and bone have feelings and have something called "fight or flight" hormones that WILL take over.With the animal attacking and as a tool of law enforcement will continue to maul an unfortunate subject, this as an institutionalized form of law enforcement is very unfortunate and has to stop