Divergent series book 3 "Allegiant" rewrite

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Divergent series book 3 "Allegiant" rewrite.

E.A.
The author of this petition

2013-10-25 17:49

This is my way of coping with this pathetic excuse for good literature.

2013-10-25 19:09

You rock!
Sheila

2013-10-26 15:58

Veronica Roth is the autor, she have every right to write the story the way she wanted, if you don't like it that's fine, put the book in the garbage and move forward!!

2013-10-26 15:59

While i agree the book was bad all around, content, composure, and most of all story line ending. I dont think the answer is to petition for a rewrite. You cant make someone else do what you want, sometimes you just got to deal. Best wishes.
laura

2013-10-28 20:46

This is just pathetic. It's Veronica's story. Veronica's choices. It's her vision.
Write a fan fictions if you're not happy about the end.

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2013-10-29 01:09

#7 Re:

2013-10-29 01:10

#5: laura -

I actually can do what I please. However pathetic it seems to you.

Anonymous

2013-10-29 21:51

Well as you people say "Verioncia has the right to whatever" well, the person that did this petition thing has the right to do that too, I didn't really like the book as much either and yes sometimes I wish she would re write it but you know I'm not going to force her if she doesn't want too. So get off the persons back it's probably not going to be re written any way, I'd suggest just re reading the first two and not the last and pretend it was never written that's what I did.

#9 Re:

2013-10-30 12:44

#3: Sheila -

i agree with you

Mary

#10 Allegiant.

2013-10-30 19:58

Oh, maaaan. I read Divergent and I didn't like it so I stopped reading it. Just do the same with Allegiant, it's her book and her characters... I actually can't believe this oh my goshh. Just stop! :/
Me

#11 Futile

2013-11-12 20:52

Allegiant's biggest problem is that it was badly written. I've lost all faith in Roth and assume that a re-write would be just as flat and boring. Like swapping shit for diarrhea...
Kaya

#12 My Opinion

2013-11-30 04:25

Last time I checked, you didn't create this world. Veronica Roth has every right to do what she wants. An Internet petition signed by 17 PEOPLE will not effect her in any way. You said that this was all out of respect for the author. Where did you get that idea? This is the exact oppisite of respectful. Just think about what you are doing here. Veronica Roth is a WORLD FAMOUS author with a very strong fanbase. The only effect this petition has is setting a large group of angry book lovers against you. I'm still trying to figure out why you even posted this. It is so disrespectful and unnecessary. I'm not trying to be mean. I'm simply stating my opinion. I am not even asking you to take this down. What I'm trying to do is remind you how childish you are acting. If you want a different ending you can make it up yourself. You don't have to direct your hate towards someone who was just trying to do what they love, which happens to be writing. I know I am going on and on so I will stop. But please consider what I said. I doubt this comment will make any difference in your mind but I can only hope that you think again before you put up something else like this

2013-12-27 11:44

I agree. I am still really upset about the ending and VR reay messed up!

2014-01-05 00:54

I don't know who anyone can watch the films , knowing what happens
jean

#15 maybe start a new petition on a better website...

2014-01-05 02:08

maybe start a new petition on a better website...
Tris Prior

2014-01-10 17:51

I haven't finished Insurgent but I really think that Veronica Roth should re write it. (People on Instagram spoiled it for me

2014-01-11 15:32

First and second book were well written but the last book was rushed, had gaping plot holes and the characters made stupid decisions. Sacrifice for the sake of sacrifice is ridiculous, plain and simple. Don't kill off your character because the theme of the book is sacrifice... Kill her off for a good reason! Seriously. Did we just forget that truth serum exists? You didn't think a few drops in David's morning coffee, getting the codes and tying him up for a few hours was a better idea than "oh gee damn, we don't have the codes, guess someone's gonna have to commit suicide now!". It was like a completely different series to the first 2 books. None of the things that were important in book 1 and 2 were treated with any kind of respect in book 3. Come on Roth. I expected better of you.

2014-01-13 00:42

I want Tris and Tobias to live together, get married, and have a happy life… factionless and brave.

2014-01-13 21:23

It was not the ending that bothered me, just to make that clear. The book as a whole make Tris' death so forced and useless, for sure. If Tris needs to die, I want it to be for something bigger.
Saoirse Langan

#20 Allegiant

2014-01-18 12:20

Altough I agree with you that many fans, including myself, would want Four and Tris together, Veronica Roth is simply brave enough to so called kill off her main character. With hindsight, do you honestly think that you yourself would always manage to survive through everything Four or Tris has been through? Ms Roth has just told us that Tris is not an immortal, she is human.
Yes, i really would like for Ms Roth to write out a seperate alternate ending. However, calling for a rewrite is too...severe.

#21 Re:

2014-01-20 16:33

Me

#22 Re:

2014-01-20 16:34

#19: -

I completely agree with this. I'm hoping maybe she won't die when they make the Allegiant movie, but.....

E.A.

#23 Thank you

2014-01-21 00:59

Thanks guys for supporting the petition

2014-01-30 07:04

PLEASELET THEM MARRY!!!TOBIAS AND TRIS!! LET THEM MARRY!! Maybe as an alternative ending but not rewriting..

2014-02-17 22:48

This is a very good idea and I agree strongly that she should rewrite at least the ending. I did not like Tris dying. But on the other hand.....I do agree that the author has a right to write what she wants to.