Save the Members Lounge at Capitol Hill Community Center

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Save the Members Lounge at Capitol Hill Community Center.

2014-03-06 05:41

Take back Capitol Hill lounge from from the selfish 6!!!

2014-03-06 05:53

So many memories

2014-03-06 21:54

what is the point in taking away the community center's. People need a place to gather as a community. Let it stay.

2014-03-06 23:14

Can't believe after 20 yrs of volunteering I was told to "take my family and go back to where I came from as I was no longer wanted or needed" from the new council members ........that's a very sad way to show a community spirit!

2014-03-09 01:05

Losers,losers, self serving uppyies at their best. They need to get a life. Very disappointing, these 10 minute members show up and take away our community center. No value is given to all the supporting volunteers who put in countless hours over umpteen years.This community center will soon run out of funds then what? They have no idea on how to keep things running.Nothing for most residents and seniors.Now they have their own private playhouse.

2014-03-12 02:57

This is so sad, friends ashes have been sprinkled there, we have watched children play on the playground and make sure they were ok when the parents weren't around. We checked on each other to make sure that everyone was ok, this is where we found that people needed help (food, rides to the Dr., help in the homes). It was a fabulous place to get away and play a game of cards with friends.

2014-03-18 20:11

My family have been members of the association for the past 5 years. We thoroughly enjoyed getting together with friends and community members on a regular basis at the Lounge. This gathering place truly embodied the definition of "community" as friendships were made and people stood together to lend a helping hand for anyone who was in need.
Considerable volunteer hours were also spent by our family and contributed to the success of many fund raisers.
Most recently, with a change in Board Members, we were thrown aside, refused voting privileges with no reasonable explanation why. This board systematically ostracized members whose interests were not shared by the current board. This board also were the authors of the complaints that were submitted to the gaming authority , in an attempt to support their position of closing this lounge. My observation is that this board has done nothing in terms of fundraising for the community centre, other than to outright solicit donations ("Give us free money!")
My request would be that the city and provincial authorities that oversee the community associations investigate the procedures that this board incorrectly instituted for their own interests...and not for the community at large.
I ask that all members of this community demand accountability and an investigation of the antics of this current board.