Reavill's Law

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Reavill's Law.

2014-03-12 20:20

YOU are NOT the victim. If their wasn't some evidence to support your victims you wouldn't be on trial. You deserve to rot in jail. Actually you deserve worse!
SN

2014-03-12 22:07

It is already incredibly hard for victims of abuse to prove abuse, even when they have all the evidence they should ever need. No victim should EVER feel afraid to come forward, and this law would only make them more fearful. To the victims, you are strong, brave, and beautiful, and coming forward is ALWAYS the right thing to do.
JB

2014-03-12 22:11

There are already legal ramifications for accusing anyone of any crime, filing a false police report usually carries jail time for it.
You are trying to bully your victims into not testifying against you, before you go a trial. If you were innocent, and there was no genuine, credibly evidence against you, there wouldn't be a trial. A police officer does not solve a crime to know who did it, but to be able to prove it in a court of law, and a DA will not take a case to trial unless they feel there is evidence enough to convict. You are a bully, and a despicable human being for even attempting to put this petition up.
K in NC

2014-03-12 22:26

I can only imagine the courage it must have taken for the victims to come forward and tell the truth of the horrors they went through. The selfishness that a person must possess to think anyone should be concerned with the trivial inconveniences an abuser 'suffers' after being accused and convicted of their crimes is truly astounding. An abuser can relocate and pretend that the ordeal never happened. The victim must live with the inescapable repercussions of the abuser's actions for the rest of their lives.

Shame on you and anyone who signs this petition. As a society, we already cater to abusers and rapists. Our responsibility is to protect the victims, not the vile creatures who caused them to be victims in the first place.

Kudos to anyone brave enough to further destroy their OWN lives in order to get the justice they deserve.
JD

2014-03-12 22:35

Are you kidding people with this? In this rape culture it's tough enough for victims to come forward as it is. Between victim-blaming and blatant disregard for their plight, you now want to punish them legally for speaking out? Guess what, there is already a law against libel. Anything else would be, at best, redundant, and at worse, a pointless witch hunt designed to victimize abuse victims even further. You are a coward and a bully. I'd say "shame on you," but clearly you have none.

2014-03-12 22:36

There IS punishment for false accusations of rape - and I can only imagine how many actual victims have been subject to jail time after being bullied into withdrawing their accusations.
This petition is a cowardly attempt at bullying the victims.
To the victims, you were brave for coming forward, and in doing so you encourage many other victims to do the same. Thank you for being strong.

2014-03-12 23:00

People who come forward about abuse are extremely brave.
A.M.S.

#8 Ridiculous at best, loathsome for sure.

2014-03-13 00:44

Any victim brave enough to come forward should receive the up most support in a very difficult action to take. As a law already exists to defend against the falsely accused of any crime this petition is a waste of time at best and at worst a terrible bully boy tactic to intimidate already vulnerable people. I wish any victims of rape who may read this all the luck in the world with their case and I personally admire anybody's courage immensely for speaking out when it can be so easy to stay quiet and intimidated.

2014-03-13 03:45

Yes, let's make it even more intimidating for victims to come forward because there's not enough rapists who get away with it in the world.

This is the most disgusting, loathsome petition I've ever seen. Please do the entire world a favor, and go to jail for the rest of your life. You do not belong in any part of a civilized society.

2014-03-13 03:47

RAPE VICTIMS WHO COME FORWARD TO REPORT THEIR ATTACKERS ARE INCREDIBLY BRAVE. THOSE WHO ATTEMPT TO SHAME OR INTIMIDATE RAPE VICTIMS ARE COWARDLY AND REPUGNANT. STOP BLAMING RAPE VICTIMS. END THE RAPE CULTURE THAT PLAGUES AMERICAN SOCIETY. And yes, the capslock means I was indeed screaming those words.

2014-03-13 18:44

Victims of abuse, even when they have all the evidence they should ever need, already have an incredibly hard time prove abuse. No victim should feel afraid to come forward, and this law would only make them more fearful. To the victims, you are strong, brave, and beautiful, and coming forward is always the right thing to do.

Let's stop blaming the victims!

2014-03-13 20:12

THERE ARE FUCKING LAWS AGAINST REPORTING SOMETHING FALSE YOU DUMB ASS! YOU DESERVE TO SIT IN A FUCKING HOLE IN THE GROUND AND RATS EAT YOU ALIVE! YOU DIRTY DISCUSTING PIG! I HONESTLY HOPE YOU FUCKING ROT IN PRISON YOU STUPID ASS LOSER! NOT JUST THE PEOPLE CLOSE TO THE PEOPLE THAT YOU HURT HATE YOU, BUT THE PEOPLE THAT YOURE GETTING TO BE IN JAIL WILL HATE YOU! AND THE MEN THAT ARE GONNA BEND YOU OVER AND MAKE YOU THEIR BITCH WILL BE AWESOME! WISH I WAS THERE TO SEE YOU RAPED LIKE YOU RAPED AND TOOK THOSE GIRLS INNOCENT! ROT BITCH ROT!!!
SM

2014-03-14 02:25

Coming forward to report rape or abuse is extremely hard, the people who are able to do so are very brave. Trying to intimidate them after the hurt you caused is the scummiest thing in the world.

#14 No, just NO

2014-03-14 02:59

This is ridiculous! already victims don't want to come forward and accuse his or her abuser! This will make it worse! Whomever wrote this is a disgusting! In a rape-blame society, this would make things so much worse, and even more abusers would get off.
You're worst nightmare

2014-03-14 04:24

Coming from a rape victim, I hope you BURN in hell. And die thinking of all the men that are going to rape you and make you their bitch IN PRISON.
sd

2014-03-14 04:27

I really hope there is no chance of this proposal ever being considered. Does the author have any idea of how much courage it takes for victims of abuse to come forward, and the type of questioning and examinations they are subject to? The Police do not simply arrest someone just because an accusation is made.

2014-03-14 04:44

You admitted to doing something completely wrong and terrible. I hope you rot with the guilt you should be feeling. You're a worthless man who takes precious moments away from children. You deserve to die lonely.

2014-03-14 06:00

You are a sick bastard Chaz. You deserve everything you're being handed and more. Someone needs to make you pay for every horrible thing you did to them. I hope you rot in hell. And I pray to God that no one signs this f'ed up petition. YOU ARE NOT THE VICTIM. You are the perpetrator.

#19 wow

2014-03-14 17:11

What a Fucking piece of shit
Close minded people need not sign!

#20 Obviously people can't read

2015-08-15 14:52

this is a petition for the innocent being falsely accused! And there are PLENTY of evil women accusing their spouses/ex's of this! Read the cases people! This was not for people who have committed these crimes but to help the ones being falsely accused! Women dragging their children through the courts and forcing kids to lie to win a divorce battle or a bitter ex wanting her cheating husband to rot in jail.... This is only for the innocent ! And there are many of them! Get educated people ! The laws you are referring to do NOT exist ! A man just got his life back after his daughter broke down in court and said her mom made her say she was raped by her dad! She wanted him to go to prison for cheating ! He lived through hell for 4 years! He will never be the same ! How dare you people be so close minded to think this doesn't happen! Shame on all of you ! #uneducatedclosemindedpeople

These women are evil! That is the reason for this petition!  The people that actually have been abused should get their day and court and justice prevail.   But this is ONLY for the falsely accused! Stop being closed minded people ! There are predators of all kinds out there ! 

2016-03-11 16:17

Because I know he is INNOCENT and marital issues caused this rediculous accusation. I'm beyond upset. He as many others deserve their freedom as I know he is NOT GUILTY