Stop Turn In Retalliation on UW Campuses

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Stop Turn In Retalliation on UW Campuses.

Assault Retaliation Victim

#1 Stats on Campus Sexual Assault Turn-Ins

2013-11-15 21:03

After doing extensive research regarding typical campus response to sexual assault turn ins I documented several institutional responses after I turned in the original assault. Though I didn't name names it revealed a common human response: responders blame the victim and make them out to be criminals. The people that get prosecuted for assaults, especially in Wisconsin are typically minority males, and the people that get supported are typically sports players who are white. In the State of WI Title XXXII is up for removal from WI state law, that enables sexual assailants, giving them the power to decide if there is even a trial. As I informed my leadership on staff, I was harassed regarding my sexuality, and assumed a "whore." I was also accused of being pschizophrenic, and homeless, which I do not even know how people assumed that. In general the solution to the problem is to stand up to unjust systems and show your support of victims. This assist them in becoming stronger survivors. Going through a mild assault was the worst thing only because I was blamed and continuously harassed. It was possibly the worst thing I could have ever gone through in my life, but the retalliation suffered recently on UW's campus, after I had moved on completely graciously, and had even turned the other cheek, when harassed by my colleagues, was atrocious, and mind-numbingly painful. Please stand with me in solidarity in order to make sure a clear message that retalliation has NO place on UW Madison's campus, nor in the great State of Wisconsin!  Stand up Badgers!  And fight for your vulnerable community members!

Concerned colleague

#2 Petition should be about mental illness support

2013-11-16 06:38

You voluntarily withdrew from the program after refusing to seek the mental health assistance that you are in dire need of. No student in your department or the dean of students would 'retaliate' against a sexual assault victim. Your petition is irrational and makes no sense. The community here wishes you nothing but the best and hopes very much that you seek help so you can move on from your trauma and join a graduate program in the future - after you have taken care of yourself. You have a lot to say , I hope you get well so you can have a solid platform from which to communicate. In the mean time, move forward and seek help. The sooner you do that the sooner you will get clarity on what actually happened at UW and in your department. No one is retaliating , no one is out to get you, no one is discriminating against you as an assault victim or as a female art student. The sooner you get help the sooner you can let go of all this anger towards others and see that there is no one to blame for your untimely departure from the program.

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2013-11-16 20:53

2013-11-16 20:56

2013-11-16 20:57

2013-11-16 21:00

#7 Ignorance is Bliss. Denial is even better. Thanks un-concerned colleague!

2013-11-16 21:24

If you wished me the best, you would have supported me and asked if I was doing ok in the program and continued to work with me. You would have cleaned up your own refridgerator. You would have helped. You would have asked what happened to me, and would have believed me. Please connect with area resources, Pave,EVOC and several others cause this is NOT it.

Also to let you know, I am not at all angry towards any of my colleagues but simply will not stand for injustice as this has been the fourth program after I reported in absolute truth and good faith that has retaliated against me. I don't think anyone is out to get me. I am not at all mentally ill, but thanks for your expert opinion. Where did you get your psychology degree? ... Or were you talking about your mental illness? I don't think anyone is out to get me. This is just humanity at it's worst. Five of my colleagues, and two of my profs flat out lied in the hearing documentation, and the Dean's lied to me regarding not holding a hearing. I am not thinking anyone is out to get me. They system is just incredibly flawed and now you're a part of it. Congrats! Institutional Enabler, whoever you are!   

This was a performance piece based off of real events to expose shitty attitudes towards the vulnerable.   This is just humanity at it's worst. Five of my colleagues, and two of my profs flat out lied in the hearing documentation, and the Dean's lied to me regarding not holding a hearing. I am not thinking anyone is out to get me. They system is just incredibly flawed and now you're a part of it. Congrats, again! Institutional Enabler. If you'd like to see the documentation that proves how I've been treated over the past couple of months that I endured Wisconsin's incredible ignorance, I would be more than happy to show you. I am however, not going to stand for illegal retaliation, nor slander by my colleagues, who probably need services, that they have not yet sought out.

2013-11-17 00:06

p.s. who wrote comment #2? Please contact me as soon as possible to straighten up what actually happened. dianeteske@gmail.com

#9 Documentation proving that I did not choose to withdraw, but was forced to, lied to and kicked out.

2013-11-17 00:22

Here's the documentation where I did NOT withdraw, and then even though Dean Cox promised that he would not charge me tuition, nor hold a hearing, it was held on the day that I was attending to a family emergency, even though I asked to have it rescheduled. Clean up after yourselves next time, art loft members. I will never clean your fridge again.
Diane Teske
Oct 30

to Ervin, Laurie, Tom
I submitted my withdrawal through ISIS and pressed submit in the presence of Kristi Barclay, Intervarsity leader, far before this deadline. You can reach her at the Intervarsity office today.

I did not want to withdraw, but you stated that it was in my best interest. I would like to be reviewed for 15 independent study credits to make up for the pain and duress caused by false accusations during loss, and would like the hearing rescheduled when I am able to gather witnesses, grief, loss and trauma experts for a mutually agreeable date, which afforded to me by State Law.

Please help me, as no one else will. This is devastating and I am completely dissappointed in the response I've gotten by both student life and art faculty staff. If need be I will set up a skype meeting for the pre-hearing and forward my uncle's obit.

I have already completed 15 credits worth of work and would again ask for cooperation from the staff, as I have received none. I do NOT wish to withdraw unless I absolutely have to. ... Please take to heart how much duress this has caused me when I would have been fine if supported.

I deny all claims made against me, and pray that you will change your mind regarding all treatment of the vulnerable. Please consult with your social work department in order to gain expert advice. This has been a horrible, victim blaming experience.

Thanks,

Ervin "Kipp" Cox
Oct 30

to me
Dear Diane. I have checked and have found out that you did submit a withdrawal request back on October 16th, but the person who processes these requests has been out and has not processed it yet. She will process this this afternoon and you should receive confirmation that you have been withdrawn sometime later today.

Sincerely, Dean Cox

Ervin H. "Kipp" Cox
Director, Dean of Students Office
Assistant Dean of Students
University of Wisconsin-Madison
608/263-5700

Sent: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 12:44 PM
To: Ervin Kipp Cox; Laurie Beth Clark; Tom Loeser
Subject:

Diane Teske
Oct 30

to Ervin
Thank you sir. I would eventually like to share the findings of this project for your student body and discuss what UW can do to comfort those going through loss, grief and trauma.

Then a series of e-mails stating they were going to hold a hearing after I sent an e-mail to explain that my uncle had passed away and I was just cleaning out the fridge. ... can be sent to you if you'd like.

Ervin stated that he was going to hold the meeting anyways. LB stated that if I cared about my status in the program I better show up. I couldn't make it to the meeting because I was attending to family business in MN, which is four hours away, and they refused to reschedule the meeting.
Thank you for trying to help.

Ervin "Kipp" Cox
Nov 13 (3 days ago)

to me
Dear Ms. Teske. Attached is the final report of your hearing. If you have any questions, please let me know.

Sincerely, Ervin Cox

Ervin H. "Kipp" Cox
Director, Dean of Students Office
Assistant Dean of Students
University of Wisconsin-Madison
608/263-5700
DT 10-30-13 Hearing Decision.pdf DT 10-30-13 Hearing Decision.pdf
28K View Download

Diane Teske
Nov 13 (3 days ago)

to Ervin
Thanks Kipp! I appreciate it. I'll review it and probably be filing an appeal. Please reconsider a mediation, as I've gathered resources for the Student Life staff and can offer training on how to address the vulnerable in the future. I wish you peace!

2013-11-17 00:26

They released and banned me from all campuses, even though I have already sought help NOT for mental illness, but the after effects, totally natural for massive trauma caused by a sexual assault/offense and four major traumatic losses in the past two years. To tell someone that is grieving that they are crazy is the WORST thing you can do, minus ... well basically who didn't talk to me directly and kindly. Going and telling on someone for doing a performance piece is just wrong. So I am asking you as my colleagues to make it right so that people are supported in ways they should be, rather than further re-victimized by institutional retaliation

2013-11-17 03:10

let's all just love each other, ok? love, Jeff.

2013-11-18 16:27

I just hope that everything will be resolved in a way that everyone can move forward and avoid these problems.

#13 Re:

2013-11-18 16:37

#11: -

oh yes.  I love everyone... with a passion for truth and justice.  :) c'mon people now... smile on your brother (and assaulted sister) everybody get together and stand up for the vulnerable right now!

2013-11-18 16:39

I was there when Dean Cox promised to not charge my daughter for the semester. He recinded and held the hearing even though she requested to have it rescheduled.