Stop Turn In Retalliation on UW Campuses

/ #9 Documentation proving that I did not choose to withdraw, but was forced to, lied to and kicked out.

2013-11-17 00:22

Here's the documentation where I did NOT withdraw, and then even though Dean Cox promised that he would not charge me tuition, nor hold a hearing, it was held on the day that I was attending to a family emergency, even though I asked to have it rescheduled. Clean up after yourselves next time, art loft members. I will never clean your fridge again.
Diane Teske
Oct 30

to Ervin, Laurie, Tom
I submitted my withdrawal through ISIS and pressed submit in the presence of Kristi Barclay, Intervarsity leader, far before this deadline. You can reach her at the Intervarsity office today.

I did not want to withdraw, but you stated that it was in my best interest. I would like to be reviewed for 15 independent study credits to make up for the pain and duress caused by false accusations during loss, and would like the hearing rescheduled when I am able to gather witnesses, grief, loss and trauma experts for a mutually agreeable date, which afforded to me by State Law.

Please help me, as no one else will. This is devastating and I am completely dissappointed in the response I've gotten by both student life and art faculty staff. If need be I will set up a skype meeting for the pre-hearing and forward my uncle's obit.

I have already completed 15 credits worth of work and would again ask for cooperation from the staff, as I have received none. I do NOT wish to withdraw unless I absolutely have to. ... Please take to heart how much duress this has caused me when I would have been fine if supported.

I deny all claims made against me, and pray that you will change your mind regarding all treatment of the vulnerable. Please consult with your social work department in order to gain expert advice. This has been a horrible, victim blaming experience.

Thanks,

Ervin "Kipp" Cox
Oct 30

to me
Dear Diane. I have checked and have found out that you did submit a withdrawal request back on October 16th, but the person who processes these requests has been out and has not processed it yet. She will process this this afternoon and you should receive confirmation that you have been withdrawn sometime later today.

Sincerely, Dean Cox

Ervin H. "Kipp" Cox
Director, Dean of Students Office
Assistant Dean of Students
University of Wisconsin-Madison
608/263-5700

Sent: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 12:44 PM
To: Ervin Kipp Cox; Laurie Beth Clark; Tom Loeser
Subject:

Diane Teske
Oct 30

to Ervin
Thank you sir. I would eventually like to share the findings of this project for your student body and discuss what UW can do to comfort those going through loss, grief and trauma.

Then a series of e-mails stating they were going to hold a hearing after I sent an e-mail to explain that my uncle had passed away and I was just cleaning out the fridge. ... can be sent to you if you'd like.

Ervin stated that he was going to hold the meeting anyways. LB stated that if I cared about my status in the program I better show up. I couldn't make it to the meeting because I was attending to family business in MN, which is four hours away, and they refused to reschedule the meeting.
Thank you for trying to help.

Ervin "Kipp" Cox
Nov 13 (3 days ago)

to me
Dear Ms. Teske. Attached is the final report of your hearing. If you have any questions, please let me know.

Sincerely, Ervin Cox

Ervin H. "Kipp" Cox
Director, Dean of Students Office
Assistant Dean of Students
University of Wisconsin-Madison
608/263-5700
DT 10-30-13 Hearing Decision.pdf DT 10-30-13 Hearing Decision.pdf
28K View Download

Diane Teske
Nov 13 (3 days ago)

to Ervin
Thanks Kipp! I appreciate it. I'll review it and probably be filing an appeal. Please reconsider a mediation, as I've gathered resources for the Student Life staff and can offer training on how to address the vulnerable in the future. I wish you peace!