Petition Against BET, Soul Train , And All the Music Awards

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Petition Against BET, Soul Train , And All the Music Awards.

2Smooth

2013-11-26 02:18

It is a shame that none of the classic RnB never gets it just rewards. Such as The Manhattans, Blue Magic The Stylistics, Harold Melvins Blue Notes,The Persuaders,The Temprees,The Ethnics,Choice Four.I could go on forever but yet so many hip hop artist will sample their tracks and go gold and platinum and get recognized it has to stop.

2013-11-26 04:05

This petition is way past due.. .
jab

2013-11-26 04:06

We love soul/blues like bobby blue bland johnny taylor and for the living demise bobby rush carl marshall garland green. These artist can blow your socks off and nevergiven the oppurtunity to be accepted in the mainstream of music because the media days what is good and that I'd usually for those who can psu to have it played.

2013-11-26 04:21

I am happy that someone has organized this petition. Recognition of the originals and the pioneers should be honored. I am so sick of the rapp and the no talent singers getting praise, disrespecting the real soul singers that worked hard in poor conditions trying to get they music heard. I stop support the BET award shows 4 years ago. I been tired of them.

#5 Re:

2013-11-26 04:25

#1: 2Smooth -

You are absoutely right. I been stop watching the BET awards. I would get hot watching our young people on t.v. making  fools of themselves.

#6 Petition Aganist BET, Soul Train And All the Music Awards

2013-11-26 05:09

If we don't tell the story of our the past it is lost forever-we can't have that.Folks need to know where we came from and the pioneers who helped to blaze our musical trail
Queen Anita .

2013-11-26 09:56

I want to thank everyone for signing this petition It Is for a great cause

2013-11-26 13:06

yes!!! my sister is so right !!!! this have to stop so some respect for dose who open doors in the music world!!!!
DONALD-D

#9 FED UP

2013-11-26 13:39

this is long over due that all these video,tv & radio outlets pay the price. its a shame how alot of our black music history has be forgotten, disrespected, in other words like it never exist. as a legend in the hip hop culture i to feel like all ive done within the so call music in justry does not matter because we have let many many outsiders dictate to us their vision which needs to stop from this day forward. im all in to support all the music legends who gave their blood sweat tears & years by sharing their gift of music to the world & then be look apon as nobodies......the zulu king donald-d quote the great sam cooke and hoping a change is gonna come.

2013-11-26 14:39

Tired of the buffoonery

2013-11-26 14:58

This is so true and it's about time!!!!!

2013-11-26 16:24

All of the groups that are mentioned in this petition are many of my favorites & that are true talents, I myself am strictly oldschool! there's nothing like it and no matter how much these younger groups try they can never be compared to the groups of the 50's 60's 70's & some 80's these are the real groups that made music that had meaning & were not demeaning or disrespectful, give these guys their props and honor them the way that they should be. Be blessed.

2013-11-26 17:23

Soul/blues do not have a category for this genre of music. We have many artist to carry on the tradition of Johnny Taylor,KoKo Taylor,Otis Redding etc but instead the media say Rhiana,Chris Brown and Beyounce is our representation when their sound is pop. Please give real soul music a place on the ballot.
Gee

2013-11-26 18:29

This is long overdue,I have said for many years when white male controled Entertainment industry takes our music it becomes their music,they then exclued us from the legacy and make it their legacy for history has been changed. They have always done it know the real history,they have been stealing from us since the day they stole us from our country,they want us to have no history there by having no future..

2013-11-27 02:13

Those real soul music lovers who recognized real singers, groups, musicians heads up and let's show our support for real music the real start of the real lyrics.
Jo

#16 Sorry

2013-11-27 02:19

I can't take it so I don't listen to it I sure don't own any of it. who out there fells the same?

2013-11-27 15:51

THE CLASSIC SOUL ARTIST ARE NOT RESPECTED BY TODAYS MUSIC BUSINESS, THEY FORGOT THE ONES WHO PAYED THE DUES TO BE A LEGEND IN THIS BUSINESS CALLED SHOW BUSINESS. HOW CAN YOU FORGET THE ONES WHO OPEN THE DOOR FOR THE REST TO GET IN, ALL WE WANT IS REPECT IS THAT SO HARD TO GIVE. THEY STILL PLAY OUR MUSIC 40 & 50 YEARS LATER, WE MADE REAL MUSIC NOT COMPUTER MUSIC, OUR MUSIC WILL LIVE FOREVER,...
Renee

2013-11-28 12:40

I do not watch any of the shows that was mentioned!! Like said the real artists are not rewarded!!

2013-11-30 04:32

This is ridiculous. The award shows honor artists that are appealing to, and selling to the mass populous today. I, myself, am not a fan of the new music, so I don't watch the shows. I don't know who any of the artists are! And I listen to my favorites here at home. That simple. You had your time. Get over it. Nobody owes you anything

2013-12-01 03:39

Don't forget Gospel; it seems as though they've taken it out of the running completely!

2014-01-27 23:24

Watching the music awards show now let's us know the audience they are targeting. However, when there are live performances in the Chicago area of 60, 70, 80's groups, the baby boomers really come out to support them. What is wrong with the promoters, do they want to make money? BTW,I have not seen The Dells,Gene Chandler, The Chilites or any local artist in years at the Venues here. What's up with that?

2014-01-28 00:09

Our Soul Sistets & Soul Brothers not gettin recognition by their peers or the award shows.Only one really recgonizes and thats Vannessas group .
QuyetStorrm

2014-01-30 00:05

I hope people sign this petition so we all can make a difference and stop the nonsense that the music industry and television propaganda is distributing over the airwaves.

2014-01-30 00:26

Send This Message With The Greatest Of Zeal! This Is Not A "Drill".

2014-02-02 18:22

ll except THE NaTIONaL R & B society run by Vannessa