Save Mount Taranaki

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Save Mount Taranaki.

2013-12-05 19:26

NO! NO! NO! LEAVE OUR MAUNGA ALONE, RESPECT OUR TIPUNA! Please God you move mountains, and lord this is a huge storm for us but everyone as big as the storm is Our God is HUGE he is Bigger and his will will be done. Please God stop them from drilling in Jesus Name I Pray AMEN! AMEN! AMEN!

2013-12-05 20:30

Ko Taranaki Te Maunga
Have some respect for the people of this land.

2013-12-06 03:53

Mount Taranaki is a sacred munga and any kind of exploration on,in or around it is totally unexceptable. I believe taking anything from underneath you are messing with the unknown.

2013-12-06 09:07

Big Oil companies need to leave maunga taranaki to stand over Ngamotu and take their drills home!!

2013-12-06 10:10

Save the Maunga whānau!!!

2013-12-06 21:37

No, enough is enough, TAG is not even a NZ company, not that that would make a difference, my cry would still be NO. No drilling so close to this Maunga!!!

2013-12-08 00:29

Save our Mountain Taranaki :):):).

2013-12-08 04:55

Fracking is a lethal injection. Despite the evidence people are willing to destroy the precious water and land for corporate hands outs that take more than what they give. The Taranaki Region has a well known history for the decimation of their environment including waterways for which Maunga Taranaki has withstood for many generations and the iconic beauty is taken for granted as a glossy picture. I stand in solidarity against fracking!

2013-12-08 07:04

Thankyou for doing this petition...though wanting to support....didn't know how to....thankyou

2013-12-08 07:12

We are supposed to be Kaitiaki - Guardians - of this Earth! We're just damaging her idea by idea.. How about becoming attuned for a change.

2013-12-08 10:12

Is this really worth the 5% the government will get? As NZers we need to have a say rather than rich white men making uninformed and unrepresentative decisions. Shame on our government selling OUR resources to line their short term pockets.

#87 Save Mount Taranaki

2013-12-08 13:38

TAG Oil Ltd is a Canadian oil exploration company ... The New Zealand Govt is supposed to represent the New Zealand people ... STAND UP AND BE COUNTED NEW ZEALAND !!!!!!! ... This type of drilling doesnt just threaten the land they drill on but the entire area and the water aquifers ... it can cause waterwells, lagoons and natural springs to dry up and change the very course that water travels .. as well as contaminating all sources not just ground water ...people and animals get sick from the methane and any fracking chemicals they use ... Not to mention the salty water that they bring back out into storage ponds in the process.... they have decimated huge areas of Queensland and continue to spread across into northern NSW where there is a Huge successful movement against coal seam gas ... Buying land in Australia where I live is a huge nightmare ... everywhere you find nice land you also seem to find "LOCK THE GATE" Signs posted on trees mailboxes and telephone poles ... that is an organization operating in Aussie to STOP Coal Seam Gas companies here... maybe someone could contact them for help ... it works if everyone gets on board ... problem is almost everyone has a price ... and the money IS there to buy them ... These big companies will say they will look after everyone and the land /water etc ... but they only do that to get compliance then they go ahead and do whatever they want ... have a problem? just throw more $s at it ... but money Wont fix Your water or Your land EVER !!!!!!! and then they just go home ... CSG ... Oil ... Coal ... Uranium ... Mining in general is funding Australia but is also killing this country ...So does drilling for oil ...... I Grew Up around this Beautiful Mountain .. My children were born there ... it is fixed in my Mind ... a symbol i will always hold dear ... it would break my heart to see it decimated by "Big Oil"
God Please Do Not Allow this to happen ...Dont let them on Mt Taranaki
RISE UP TARANAKI ... RISE UP KIWIS EVERYWHERE ! ! ! ! ! !

2013-12-08 17:02

Chut

2013-12-08 17:48

New Zealand could be ruined, on a large scale, for the first time in her history.

2013-12-08 20:40

I understand that we are dependent on oil for much of our industrial and transportation needs, but only due to our inability to embrace change and progress. New Zealand should be leading the way with our so called "clean green image" and "can do" attitude

2013-12-08 22:07

Stop Fracking Taranaki.

2013-12-08 23:52

4000 metres. Our government has gone mad! We cannot cope financially if an accident happens and the stats prove the odds of this happening if drill more than 1500 metres increases significantly.

2013-12-09 01:08

TARANAKI HAS EVERY RIGHT TO STOP THOSE WHO ARE A THREAT TO THEIR LAND...poison is not allowedxo!

2013-12-09 03:42

well done to all the taranaki iwi and hapu who are working tirelessly on this petition and lobbying the government, it is time to all stand strong and united and protest this before its too late

2013-12-09 03:46

Time to stop the madmen who are destroying our country, VOTE THEM OUT OF OFFICE

2013-12-09 03:57

Who on earth gave them permission to do this in the first place?
This needs to be stopped.

2013-12-09 04:12

It is the desecration of a sacred and spiritual mountain and its people. Kei te takatakahia e nga tauhou i te maunga tapu Taranaki me te mana o Taranaki Maori whanui. Mauri tapu, mauri wairua,mauri whenua, mauri moana mauri ora, mauri tangata, mauri Maori.

2013-12-09 06:23

Not Mount Taranaki its so special

2013-12-09 08:07

Clean technology is the way of the future. Wake up New Zealand.

2013-12-09 09:20

Leave our Maunga alone.