Tower Arms Public House

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Tower Arms Public House.

2014-01-18 16:38

The Tower Arms has been a public house for many years and is a wonderful spot for a summer drink or a drink by the fire after a winter walk on the Weald. Please don't let it become an old peoples home. It is such a sociable place to go.
Mad. Mike

2014-01-18 20:51

Councillor Coe and the guy that bought the old barn which used to be part of the pub have been doing their best to make it difficult for the pub constantly moning about the noise which has been they have exadurated. Why buy a barn next to the pub if don't expect any noise. I have been drinking in this pub for over 40years as have many of my friends. This pub is an essential. Part of South Weald and must not be allowed to be lost.

2014-01-18 22:10

My Dad used to take me there when I was four years old. I also took my children there and now they take there children there.

2014-01-18 22:24

A piece of history will be lost if the Tower Arms is shut permanently

2014-01-19 09:58

keep tower arms as a pub

2014-01-19 12:32

Although I don't live in South Weald, I have, over the 32 years that I have lived in the Brentwood area, enjoyed many lunch times and evenings in the bar and meals in the restaurant.

2014-01-19 19:02

This was once a thriving pub. Bad management has let this fine old establishment down. It must be saved as part of the historic fabric of Brentwood and South weald

2014-01-20 07:07

Nothing left in South Weald-pub/post office/shop gone.It will be detrimental to the area and also effect the numerous visitors to the Park.
In any event is there a need for yet another care home in the borough?
The Beeches has recently opened not far away and appears to be underbooked.

2014-01-20 08:36

To loose a traditional local pub such as the Tower Arms in South Weald would be a real shame. It is a treasured part of local history and local community life and should be protected.

2014-01-20 09:25

The Tower Arms as a public house was an integral part of the village and should remain so. It is certainloy not the correct location for a nursing home.
Jam lady

2014-01-21 11:05

This pub is an essential part of South Weld Village life - it must be kept open.

2014-01-22 00:02

The Tower Arms used to be a great pub. A place to walk or drive to for refreshment and good food, in lovely surroundings, either indoors or in the garden. And it served the local community. In recent years the management have tried to be something they are not, selling overpriced food and drink. Get it open again, and get the right management team in! How about the people that have turned around The Bull on Brook Street? They seem to have the balance right!

2014-01-23 15:48

It would be a very sad day if the Tower Arms closed as a pub. If the council allows this to happen it would be a disgrace. We used to visit a lot before the recent refurb. Although we preferred it before, quiet pubs don't make a profit, so I can understand why the new owners wanted to make changes. I can't comment about noise as it's never been a problem when I've been there, but seriously, you can't expect to live next to a pub with a large outdoor area and not to experience noise! Brentwood council has no idea how to encourage independent business here, look at the High St, for example, full of chain pubs and charity shops.

2014-01-23 16:42

My husband and I have been to this pub (not recently) and found the food and ambience very good. The gardens are beautiful and we were looking forward to visiting when the weather is better

2014-01-24 17:08

In the summer, it's such a lovely place to go, have a bite to eat and a beer in great surroundings, after a walk in the country. In the winter, to pop in to eat and drink near the glow of the fire. we are losing our pubs all around the country. This pub is too good to loose.
Tinky

#41 Re: Tesco

2014-01-24 18:50

#2: Stuart Wilks - Tesco

She was, but this is a case of not in my back yard. Warley folks can just suffer.

Tinky

#42 Re:

2014-01-24 18:55

#27: Mad. Mike -

Sadly, this is a classic example of Tory Nimbysm.

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2014-01-25 11:19

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2014-01-25 11:33

M

#45 The Tower Arms

2014-01-25 11:38

I'm afraid the last 2/3 times we went to Tower Arms the food was not great nor the service, even with new management and we have not been back for 2-3 years. People will go if the food is great and the service is good and make it thrive for the owner and for the community. We travel 20 mins to The Bell Inn at Horndon on the Hill as it is worth the trip. We would travel 20 mins (from Billericay) to The Tower Arms if it served great food. Reopen it with new vigour, new ideas, publicise it well and maybe .....

2014-01-25 12:52

This pub is a historical treasure and should be retained for community use and benefit.

2014-01-25 19:42

It is part of history that should belong to the public. 400 years of history infact.
Mad Lou

2014-01-25 19:51

The problem is not that it has a music license OR that it has a large garden. The problem lies with people managing it not having respect for neighbours and the village. If they want singers 'outside' with huge speakers on a calm sunday then they should run a pub in the high street. Complete stupidity really that has caused this problem and has almost closed a 400 year old pub. All the new managers/owners need are set guidelines for no outside music. Simple.
ps, I dont live nearby but on regular visits couldnt believe the noise these managers allowed to come from the garden on a weekend. Anyone would have to expect problems when being so ignorant of their surroundings.
This pub is part of my history as well as many others and I would like it to be part of my future too. Lets bring it back to its locals who treat it and eachother with respect

Mad Lou

2014-01-25 19:57

1. why would people come to South Weald Village? Go to the park, visit the church and have something to eat. It goes hand in hand.Getting rid of its pub license would affect the village massively.
2. I agree, why would you buy a barn next to a pub, renovate it into a house and then complain about it being there? I understand that the last owners have really annoyed people, quite understandably, but that doesnt mean you should stop it from being a pub.
3. People shouldnt be allowed to play such loud music and that is something that should have been dealt with by the police. But complaining about the general noise coming from a pub is stupid when you have bought a house next door!! Duh!

4. Im very ANGRY! Grrrrrrrr! That a few have spoilt it for the many. Both the owners and the councilor next door.

2014-01-26 09:43

We can't afford to close down more pubs and this particular one is a lovely and old pub that needs to be preserved.