Stop Worthing Crematorium removing plaques & memorabilia

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Stop Worthing Crematorium removing plaques & memorabilia.

2014-02-20 14:44

This is a personal way to remember our loved ones. It's not hurting anyone and each and every person who has left something behind has done so with a heavy heart. To remove these is not only dis-respecful it's an injustice.

2014-02-20 16:53

Very sad that a council can be so petty. If there has to be a ruling why not just limit the numbers that can be left. But very upsetting for all relatives and friends involved.

2014-02-20 18:33

I am so angry at this!! i have been to the crem 5 times in my life, its hard enough going there but i always leave something for my loved ones! be it a rose, or a teddy for my friend! they shouldnt be aloud to touch let alone move anything!! i hope the person/persons who granted this are ashamed of themselves!!!

2014-02-20 19:20

This us disgusting - we're any relatives contacted? My fathers ashes are there and I or my family certainly weren't

2014-02-20 21:49

This is an absolute disgrace. It's bad enough that my Nan and Granddad are just numbers to these people but to now take away the personal mementoes that have been left by my son who never got to meet his Great Grandparents just makes me feel sick.

2014-02-21 16:53

this is disgusting .. to remove peoples gifts for lost loved ones is too cruel for words .. shame on whoever thought up this stupid decision ..

#32 Re: JOBSWORTHY AWARD FOR THE COUNCIL

2014-02-21 20:52

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2014-02-21 20:56

#34 Re:

2014-02-21 21:01

#15: -  

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2014-02-21 21:05

anonymous:-)

2014-02-21 21:48

Love how on the news they were referring to spring glade where ashes are spread. What about the paid for family plots? 4 family members one number? We found it respectful to place a marble heart in the ground with there names.and this was dug up? No nuisance to anyone, lawnmover went over it,so not an obstruction! Oh! Because we never paid you to do it! Or pay yearly to have it there! Sorry but we already paid for our plot and feel we should be able to mark the spot how we feel fit! This war isn't over! We are anonymous we don not forgive we do not forget. Expect us!!! :-)
R*W

2014-02-22 00:00

Its all about the £Money!!! £Money!!! This Government!!! are getting away with TAXTNG!!!The Dead!!! sick as this may sound its TRUE! Pure Evil!!! is what this is & must be stopped!!!& Will be stopped!!! We are HUMAN!& We have RIGHTS!

2014-02-23 12:04

I am signing this because I have my Dad there and my sister who we lost last year and it is not even a year since we said goodbye also have my Aunt and my nephew and some cousins in the Crematorium. We just want to show our love for those we lost what harm can that do

2014-02-23 14:21

Very disrespectful

#40 worthing crematorium

2014-02-24 12:31

Hey, please Re post: I went up to see my loved ones yesterday and was shocked with the state of the crem grounds. They have obviously been cutting down the surrounding trees, but instead of disposing of the cuttings/ rubbish which was left they have left it all over the paths, walkways around the back it looks disgraceful and a complete mess!!! I thought the reasoning behind us not able to leave memorabilia was it was hazardous to nature, well hello!! Pot kettle!!! One thing I would like to mention which is a valid point that everyone is failing to mention is that, all these letters from m.o.p stating how tacky and messy people's memorabilia is up there, have we seen these letters??? No because they dont exist!!! The main reason the council are trying to do this is so we as people grieving purchase memorabilia from their office which is acceptable on the grounds and not purchase it from random places. It is a money making scam that the council want to introduce. Absolutley disgraceful, lets fight and stop this from happening!!!
spikeypoo!!

2014-02-25 22:20

i went up there with my brother and we were totally hart broken to see all our mums and grandparents stuff had been taken away hand made dream catchers to my aunty paid them to plant roes bushes for my grandfather in November last year paying something on the lines of £145.00 just to see they have been ripped out of the ground how heartless can anyone get they are just as bad as grave robbers in our eyes the dead cant stop them but we sure bloody well can come on everyone we need to do this for all of them trying to rest in peace xxxxx

2014-02-27 01:43

What a horrible gut wrenching thing to see..those items are memories for loved ones theyve lost! Somewhere they can go to be close to them. Absolutely disgusting, whoever came up with this is a heartless, vile, sick individual who obviously has never lost someone so close to them. And after taking so much money off people, im sure your bonus at the end of the year will ease your burden. And to those who are going through the pain of reliving their losses and grief..our thoughts are with you.

2014-02-27 06:52

This is a disgrace. This is purely a way for revenue to be made from people's misery. Stand up and be counted people say NO! I for one want my kids to be able to come and leave memorials for me where and when they want.

2014-02-27 12:03

Only those who have lost can really feel the pain that this will cause. It is a heartbreaking disgrace.

2014-02-27 13:52

Well done jenny !

2014-02-27 14:45

My dad was laid to rest in 2001 will the next thing be that i wont be allowed to pay my respects

2014-02-27 17:46

There are some horrible things going on in the world right now, this is one of them!! No feeling, no sentiment, no respect for the departed, family or friends. And decided by people who obviously don't have hearts!!!

2014-02-27 18:39

This is outrageous

2014-02-28 00:10

Upsetting.

2014-02-28 04:22

How dare anyone removing anything from the Crematorium, that is disgusting! What gives anyone the right to remove anything. What are the reasons? Heaven help anyone who removes anything from my Father's grave. A crematorium is a sacred sight.