FAMU_MSHA_Accreditation

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition FAMU_MSHA_Accreditation.

2014-03-26 00:06

I was definitely under the impression that the MSHA program at FAMU would have been accredited as of Dec. 2013 and making strides to improve the program for alumni, current students, and prospective students. As a fellow alumnist of this program, I am extremely disappointed in the status, or lack thereof, of our accreditation. This issue needs to be taken seriously and assessed to ensure that all the hard work of both the faculty and students are not in vain.

2014-03-26 05:39

Shameful that at a time when so many need work the university is not doing all it can to support students and alum! Sad!

2014-03-26 19:44

Not even surprised at all. The administration continues to be the downfall of Florida A&M and the Main reason why Alums don't get back... It's a shame that this kind of action is what it takes for Overpaid employees to work. This New president needs to clean House!!!

2014-03-27 16:40

I am a FAMU Alumnus and a parent of a graduate of this program and it disturbs me to hear that this program is still not accredited after my child and so many other parents and students were promised that it would be by now. This has negatively affected my child in obtaining promotional opportunities and has limited his career options significantly. I hope that the FAMU Administration will make it a priority to obtain the accreditation for this program.

2014-03-27 18:53

Once again our Administration is dragging their feet on the accreditation proceess?!? Do they not care??
Enough is enough!

#6 8 Years of Broken Promises

2014-03-27 22:19

Each year students are told “your program’s application will be submitted to CAHME for accreditation” and also not to worry, “just tell your potential employer our program is up for candidacy.” ALL LIES! Even employers no longer have faith in the program because they too were told lies dated far back as 2006. The decision makers for this program aren’t worried about getting this program accredited because they all received their degrees from accredited programs. For instances, the decision makers rarely recruit to have students in this program and the decision makers do not form affiliations with health affiliates like the previous program lead. Basically, they do not advocate for their students, the students advocate for themselves to get ahead, which one should. It is sad to know students go through this rigorous program with pride and high expectations only to be told by potential employers your degree is not worth a hoot, especially when you are compared against students from accredited programs for internships or fellowships. Please be aware, this is the 21 Century and most jobs are checking to see if your degree program is accredited. It should not take 14 years for accreditation. If the decision makers truly want this program to succeed, please get this program accredited to attract more students. For the one or two respectable professors who truly love what they do and want this program to succeed, kudos to you all!