#GeelongCounts

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition #GeelongCounts.

2014-04-01 21:40

Wake up State Government - how dare you not support Geelong and The Bellarine, it's actually an embarrassingly blatent display of ignorance as to what this region has to offer and the tourism innovations that are happening down here.
Bellarine Counts

#2 Re: Thank you!

2014-04-02 09:28

#1: - Thank you for your support!

2014-04-16 21:38

Geelong and The Bellarine need all the support they can get at the moment.

2014-04-24 02:21

Tourism is important to The Bellarine and we need to promote the area to enable our businesses to grow and improve employment opportunities.

2014-04-24 03:21

The Bellarine region needs to be represented as it's own tourism region.

2014-04-24 07:25

You may feel that as a resident of Qld I have no right to comment, however my family live on the Bellarine Peninsula so I have direct knowledge of the difficulties this area is currently going through. There is no way that you can legitimately include this area as the Great Ocean Road, it is a gem all of its own and deserves to be promoted as such.

2014-04-24 08:19

As a tour operator with over ten years experience and an accredited tour guide who now lives on the Bellarine Peninsula, there seems very little acknowledgement or emphasis on this pristine area. I hope to contribute to changing this attitude in the near future. Support from Tourism Australia and local agencies is crucial. The Great Ocean Road is separate. The Bellarine has its own unique stories to tell.

2014-04-25 04:59

The Bellarine Peninsula is going to supersede the Great Ocean Road - it's just a matter of time. With it's diverse offerings; Food, Live Music, Accommodation to suit all demographics, Eco and Adventure tours, up-close experiences with Australian wildlife, pristine and accessible beaches and beautiful scenery. People want to go where the hordes of thousands ARE NOT! We've got the lot!
Fred

#9 Re: Re: Thank you!

2014-05-09 02:31

#2: Bellarine Counts - Re: Thank you!

It seems things never change, my Grandfather often mentioned how the "Melbourne Establishment" hobbled the development of Geelong and District.

2014-05-09 02:48

We are new accommodation provider in Geelong and need all the support we can get!

2014-05-09 03:08

Why does this area not deserve any of the Tourism Dollar? I ma sure that the tax and GST that we collect will help the government to fund this exercise!

2014-05-09 06:20

Geelong and the Bellarine are major tourism areas and should receive funding particularly with the job losses occurring in the region through other govt action or in action

2014-05-09 22:38

Having been in tourism for over twenty years and a past board member of Geelong Otway Tourism and Tourism Geelong, Geelong and the Bellarine have grown as its own destination, adjunct from the Great Ocean Road. We have enough tourism product to warrant a stand alone region. Even commissioned reports agree. The model to join us with the new super region wasn't sustainable and weakened the strength of our area, not to mention the watering down of the current funding generated in this area.
We need to be a stand alone region.

2014-05-12 21:59

Geelong needs to be included

2014-06-18 01:44

If we want to attract more tourism to the Geelong area it should go to all areas with worthwhile projects / developments.