Restore discretionary medical cards to those who had lost them

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Restore discretionary medical cards to those who had lost them.

2014-04-02 17:45

Man, 64 chronic renal failure, anaemia and aphasia due to stroke. Discretionary card given in 2003. Wife retired, daughter full time student appeal gone through no outcome as of yet.
Concerned

#2 Cancer

2014-04-02 19:03

My neighbour was a self-employed tax-paying citizen for 45 years. He got abdominal cancer and was told that "since he was self-employed for all these years he should've put money away for such events" and has been denied a medical card... shameful

#3 Depression

2014-04-03 09:53

Woman of 53 with depression , single working mom .medication is costing over 150 euro a month. Her salary is just above the limit for a medical card but with the cost of living, house , school , bills etc she is struggling to afford her medication. Her GP wrote a letter to ask for a discretionary medical card off the duration of her treatment. She is into her 3rd month and still no answer . How are people supposed to live?

2014-04-03 10:37

Please support this petition to reverse the silent and unforgivable policy of removing medical cards from those in genuine need while the same govt plans to give free gp cards to the under 6's regardless of medical or financial need. I am the parent of a 7 year old non verbal wheelchair using doubly incontinent child with cerebral palsy, developmental delay and hearing loss and we have been refused a medical card and the appeal despite support from local TDs etc. This has to be stopped.

2014-04-03 11:01

People who really need medical cards are not getting them and can not afford expensive medication

2014-04-03 11:27

It's just wrong on so many levels.

2014-04-03 12:28

I have a boy with disabilities, am a working single mother and cannot get a card.

2014-04-03 14:11

This is absolutely disgraceful and inhumane and its well past time this 'so called' Government got their heads out of the clouds and faced the reality of what they are doing to ppl living on the bread-line. And very ill ppl at that.

2014-04-03 20:34

I need regular medication which I simply cannot afford. It makes a huge difference to my life. They need to look at each individual differently taking into account overall income and real medical needs. This is not related to age. It is related to income, real expenditure and actual medical needs.

2014-04-04 01:32

I think its disgraceful in this country what the goverment are doing to the public, and getting away with it, people may stand up to these tyrants and fight them all the way.
Sio101

#11 Medical Cards

2014-04-04 08:30

I think the government should be ashamed of themselves, how would Kenny feel if he or one off his children had to suffer like this...makes me sick to my stomack.

2014-04-04 14:52

You are Killing people in this country, you need to give back the people medical cards, you already have blood on ur hands, eldrey people can't even afford to get their medication as they do not have the money to pay the 2.50 for each item so they wait and miss out on urgent meds they should be taken, this is down to use,,, wake up and see what ur doing to the people...

2014-04-04 19:52

Kids with Down syndrome are being denied their medical cards when being renewed. Some so desperately need them due to associated ailments . This government is prioritising big business and the rich and the government is making the PAYE worker and people who can least afford it pay back the debts of the banks etc.. I don't know how they can look them selves in the mirror.

2014-04-04 22:21

One of those affected. Need my Medical Card restored

2014-04-06 11:25

i have signed the petition.

2014-05-24 08:02

Medical cards should be a right not a fightv