AFL Ticket Pricing

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition AFL Ticket Pricing.

2014-04-20 13:40

I believe that prices for this year Afl is ridiculous. The afl would attract more crowds if prices were a little cheaper.

2014-04-20 13:49

I certainly agree the prices are to high.
soon enough families wont be able to go cause its too expensive. Please, please,please,please,please bring the prices down.

2014-04-20 21:26

The AFL has become a money making machine for clubs at the expense of the fans....it's got to stop!
Sue M

#29 Re: AFL ticket pricing / #20

2014-04-20 23:56

I also just heard that for Hawks/Cats game, that even for Cats home game at the G, Easter Monday, their members have to buy seats, as well as Hawks buying on top of their memberships. WOW, the AFL is making a financial killing.

2014-04-21 00:06

AFL stop being a bunch of losers and get rid of this grossly unfair ticketing system

2014-04-21 02:51

The AFL deliberately announced this late on a Friday night rather than advertising it properly. Notwithstanding the idea is flawed as it complexifies pricing when the idea should be to simplify ticket prices. If you buy a membership you should be able to walk in to any team game! Once again the AFL fails!

2014-04-21 03:55

TheAFLis losing sight of what the AFL members was set up in the first place to achieve and give to fans who wanted a bit extra for their buck. The buck was a lot less than what we pay now and why do we need to pay MORE for seats that last years were at no cost? Notwithstanding the ugly crowded football style played today I am losing interest I going to the games and even watching on TV. Make it more attractive free flowing and give the AFL members and ore fans what they are already paying for and stop imposing extra costs on us. The membership is already more than double than what it was originally. Remember it is the fans who make a huge contribution to the games don't make this into a US style game it is a unique Australian game!

2014-04-21 07:07

Members who financially support their clubs should not be disadvantaged at away games for having to pay extra for reserved seats for games classified as blockbusters. As reserved seat members for Richmond, who also chose the away games entry, we should not be exploited for more money during the season. For our family of 5 it was going to cost us an extra $122 to go see Richmond vs Western Bulldogs at Etihad and sit on level 1. We had already paid entry for this game with our membership. Once you add the cost of travel, parking, food. We were looking at over $200 to attend a game we have paid for already. We chose to stay home, we will not be attending away games and will seriously consider reducing our membership if this system continues. It is no longer affordable for families to attend and book seating. At this rate we would be looking at well over double what we pay already for a family of 5 to attend all of Richmond's Victorian games.
Bello

#34 aFL Ticket Pricing

2014-04-21 07:16

Make the game expenses prohibitive to your most long-term, loyal fans at your peril AFL . . . the excess costs of fuel, travel, accommodation and game tickets will make other sport soooooo much more attractive to anyone who lives away from metro public transport . . . at YOUR PERIL

2014-04-21 10:39

As a supporter of a team that plays multiple 'blockbuster' games a year & has nearly as many members as our home ground holds, the fact that I am charged more constantly is disgusting & completely gouging your loyal supporters.

2014-04-21 10:46

We are asked to buy tickets for a game that we have already paid for with our memberships. We are charged more than we would be if we were to walk up to the gate and purchase a ticket, even though we have already paid for the game with our membership. Then the AFL decides to scrap the premium pricing a few hours before the game. I paid an extra $100.50 for my family yo attend this game today…….did i say that we have already paid for entry with our memberships. So where do i go to receive my refund. To make things worse the game was far from a sell out.

2014-04-21 10:53

As a 17 game club member, I just paid three times for tickets to haw v gee.
Once as it was a replacement home game, Twice as it is included as an away game on membership
Three times as I had to pay to upgrade to a seat due to the AFL cash grab.
THEN the AFL open up the AFL members section on level 4 for club members at the last minute and at no extra cost. In addition, club members could swipe in at no extra cost for standing room.
What a rort! Demetriou and his 'yes' men need to be held accountable for this. Footy fans, don't sit back and cop it, this is our game!

2014-04-21 10:57

Amateur hour today at the MCG. WTF were they thinking?

2014-04-21 11:25

we stayed home because of the pricing, i know the crowds were big today but at least 12 of us voted with our feet

2014-04-21 21:32

I've been wait for this. I have been a collingwood member and afl member for 20 years though I am considering letting it go next year due to the constant money grabbing and poor seats now being allocated.

2014-04-22 00:14

I think it's unfair that a lot of families will be unable to afford to attend live games anymore. Our national sport should be accessible to everyone - families can barely even watch games on TV anymore because the majority are now only shown on Foxtel.

2014-04-22 00:23

Well done on doing this for the little ppl.. This game is in a sad state and real hard to watch. I WILL NEVER go to a game that is ticketed . The price of is a shame for what crap you get and beer is warm crap .ive down graded my membership from 17 to 11 game .. I feel sad to do that but being a hawk fan it's to dame expensive for what you get... Oh and the rules are a joke. Legging??? Please the bloke has put his body on the line and gets stung for it!.and DROPPING the ball .. Omg . And holding the man.. Please.. As I said hard to watch... If I do it beer in front of the TV.. Get stuffed afl.

2014-04-22 02:19

The AFL are so Greedy. We need to boycott a certain match.

2014-04-22 02:43

Support for the Supporters, that come to the game week in week out keeping the game alive. We don't deserve to be ripped off like we do.

2014-04-22 03:05

Not a footy issue anymore..Receiving money by deception is illegal..Not happy Jan!!!

2014-04-22 04:33

This price gouging is outrageous the members pay for their away game memberships only to have to pay again to see these so called ticketed games, the Geelong v Hawks game peaked in the 09 year and has been declining ever since at the G, to make it a ticketed game was just maximizing how much they could squeeze out of the people that already pay enough as it is. It must go, it is turning people away that have been members for many years, it is not good for our game.

2014-04-22 04:41

Hawthorn out of Tasmania

2014-04-22 05:21

As a supporter I now feel disconnected from the game. Even though we have had a family membership for many years we no longer feel a part if the club (Essendon)
If my membership doesn't pay for me to get into games - what am I paying for?????

2014-04-22 05:37

AFL Footy has been taken out of the hands of the grassroots supporter for the sake of the short term dollar.

#50 We're being done over ...

2014-04-22 05:40

The petrol companies bend us over around mid-week, every week and give it to us before we fill our tanks for the weekend. Now the AFL does it on the weekend itself. Not only is the game now overly-congested and awful to watch, we have to pay double for the privilege to do so.