Lee County Liquor Sales

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Lee County Liquor Sales.

2014-06-21 11:45

I do not drink. But people driving up the road to bring it back to Lee County means a few things. Lost revenue. Lost jobs. Potential loss of life if one chooses to not wait until they get back home. The time for doing nothing and keeping the course has to change.

2014-06-22 15:42

Wake up. Move forward.

2014-06-29 17:30

People are against this in our area. But it's okay to go to Kingsport and eat at places that sell alcohol by the drink. It would be nice to have place here in our town. I was at a meeting a few months ago and this was a main reason a lot of people pass us by because we do not have any place to eat. And people will not open places here because they can not serve alcohol by the drink. Our towns have suffered enough people are going across county lines to buy and eat at these places it would be nice to see Lee county get our tax dollars and not some place. And not to rely on so much on Federal Money.

2014-06-30 00:11

Lee county needs this to generate more revenue!
Bell county resident

#5 County resident

2014-06-30 14:27

Do you have to live in Lee County for your signature to count? I live across the state line, in Ky.
Michael Thacker
The author of this petition

#6 Re: County resident

2014-07-01 01:13

#5: Bell county resident - County resident

Obviously, Lee County Residents signatures carry more weight, but I think that residents from other counties shows that liquor in Lee County will obviously be bringing in business from the surrounding areas as well, which is another reason we need this!

#7 Re: Re: County resident

2014-07-02 15:21

2014-07-08 04:33

This county needs it's liquor laws lifted. It's hurting the local economy. I don't drink, but if I wanted to I would have to go to Scott County, Wise County, or Kingsport/Johnson City/Bristol. My dad would always go to the ABC store in Gate City to buy liquor. That was revenue Lee Co. never saw along with everyone else that has to travel outside the county. To the uber religious NIMBY bunch around here.. if you don't like liquor then don't drink it. You can't legislate morality.

#9 Re: County resident

2014-08-12 20:46

2015-10-22 22:54

It would be nice to have a local ABC store. It's about time we were able to purchase liquor closer to home, instead of having to travel to other counties.