Petition for the August 1st Calendar

for a balanced calendar

/ #646 From the CCBOE website

2011-03-04 01:28

The following bullets were taken from the CCBOE website....I added the comments in the ( )

Student Achievement

Measurable gains/growth as measured by national and state test scores (I have seen evidence that students score better on tests when they are not "burned out". I am talking about everyday testing...the board did not even wait to see if CRCT scores improved this spring)
•Quality teaching and leadership (The schools continue to have quality teaching but as teachers/students/and parents are not listened to, we feel punished!)
•Keep track of students through system (This means paperwork, much of which teachers do outside of the school building at night, on weekends...)

Stakeholder Involvement

•Utilize community in decision making (hmmmmm...?)
•Utilize resources and create sustainable partnerships (the number one resource of a school is the teachers in the classroom. The majority of these teachers want the balanced calendar...sustainable partnerships? White Water nor Six Flags doesn't do anything for our school...BUT I do know my school has many partners within a few miles of the school)
•Board member responsibility to communicate with community and local/state officials

Accountability

•Annual performance assessment of Superintendent/Service Providers/Board to include an independent evaluation
•Follow board policy
•Responsible fiscal stewardship to include SPLOST management