Unfair Policing in Context Exam JSB284

/ #13

2013-11-18 08:15

I agree with the comments above, this whole unit was a shambles. I am actually annoyed that I attended all the lectures, because  it was clearly a waste of time, and wouldn't have made any difference in the final wash-up. It all started with the first assignment, it was a 1000 word assignment and it took her 6 weeks to get the results back to us... I did a 3000 word assignment for another justice unit, and I got that back within a week and a half. Furthermore the marking for that assignment was ridiculous, she actually said that legislation ‘isn't a 'scholarly source' Pretty ironic when we're part of the LAW faculty. Secondly the due date for the second assignment was ridiculous, it was literally due a week before exams started, and going by her track record with marking assessment we were never going to get our results back before the exam. When I did the actual exam I felt that I may as well have been doing an exam for another course. She promised that if we went to the lectures we would be fine, and as the previous comments stated there were literally 3 questions that may have actually been in the lecture slides… Something seriously needs to be done about this, she has proven numerous times that she is an incompetent unit coordinator and clearly is incapable of managing subjects on her own.