Reinstate CrossFit Tricolour

Vivian

/ #8 Re: No.

2014-01-06 04:04

#5: Concerned Student - No.

CrossFit, as compared to bodybuilding, is a completely different ball-game with a completely different set of rules. Most Crossfitters would not be able to throw the same numbers as bodybuilders, and most bodybuilders would not be able to perform the same routines as Crossfitters. Neither is better than the other because they achieve different fitness objectives, and whether a person chooses one over the other, should be up to one's own fitness goals. In any sport, it is important to be careful and understand one's own limit, and CrossFit is no different. At the end of the day, if a person enjoys his/her workout and is safe, it doesn’t matter whether he/she is doing bodybuilding, CrossFit, soccer, yoga or any other fitness activity, because he/she is being active, and genuinely enjoying it - and that’s what matters!

I attend CrossFit because I enjoy the mix of weight and cardiovascular training. I love running my races, but I also enjoy increasing my numbers in the squat rack. I prefer my workouts this way - with constantly varied functional movements performed at relatively high intensity.

The coaches at CrossFit Tricolour have done an amazing job in making CrossFit easily accessible, interesting and safe for myself, as well as the other members. Despite being volunteers, each coach is passionate in ensuring CrossFit remains a safe and fun experience, and they are not only coaches to my workout mates and I, but genuine friends. I've made great relationships, surpassed previous personal records for both running and weight lifting and generally acquired a healthier lifestyle. I sincerely hope Queen's recognizes the great community CrossFit Tricolour has created, and will recognize its non-profit status soon!