Reinstate CrossFit Tricolour

Emma Graham

/ #17 Re: How About NO

2014-01-06 19:46

#9: Daniel Lugo - How About NO

The kip is a gymnastic movement, not a Crossfit movement.  By adding it to the pull up you are able to do them more quickly, they are not meant to be a test of strength.  I have never been to a Crossfit box and seen a trainer teaching their members how to kip their pull ups before they were able to do them properly from a deadhang position first. I have seen someone fly off a pull up bar at a regular gym trying to kip without having instruction or the grip strength to hold onto the bar in the first place.

In my 4 years of Crossfit I have also seen a case of rhabdo. My good friend NOT affiliated to Crossfit, ran his first 10k and then went out on an all-night bender. Did you know excessive drinking can cause rhabdo too? - Better run shut down Stages too!

It was my own self-initiative to join Crossfit because I needed to be accountable to someone other than myself for personal reasons and unfortunately I didn't have the 6000 dollars in the bank to get a personal trainer at the gym.  Crossfit was the best alternative.

I hope fitness as a fad doesn't expire soon; I would hate to see how high student health insurance costs would go with a group of inactive un-fit students.

Your KKK reference is also hilarious. Not at all original. If there was a cult that promoted physical well-being, health, and happiness while supporting members and non-members in their individual pursuits, I would probably join that too…