FairfaxVarsityBoy'sCoachNeedsToGo/FiringButton

/ #10 Definitely hurting the program

2014-02-06 23:28

I have watched coach Buton coach over the past 10 years. I happen to know quite a bit about the game of basketball and have coached to a couple of state championships myself. I don't know what he says to his players, but I do know that many over the past have hated him. A coach shouldn't be hated that tells me something is wrong. I never swore or yelled or put down players, it is absolutely unnecessary. I have seen him blow many games because of his coaching or lack there of. I also talk to many officials and other D3 and D2 coaches. He is not liked in that group of people either. Some ask me year after year when are they going to get rid of Glen so they can win a championship. If you've coached for 20 years and it hasn't happened yet, somethings wrong, because I have seen the quality of male athletes that have come through that program, it's been loaded. Coaches like playing against him because they know they have a good chance of winning. One coach even said to me" what was he thinking? what an idiot". It's time for him to move on. The boys team has a good shot at a championship this year and especially next. I hate to see all that talent go to waste, kids seeing their dreams disappear because of an incompetent coach. I think he is just in it for himself now, and consequently is exhibiting totally unacceptable behavior.