Hide the Zombies

Zombie Jasmine

/ #12

2014-04-30 12:24

The zombie walk is a yearly event that is always held in Launceston sometime during April /of EVERY year!/. Not only is it up on facebook all year round in an open group, but as an event page too. Though if you don't have a facebook or don't see it advertised there, it is always advertised in town with flyers and a newspaper article before and after the event itself. We litter the streets of Launceston with these flyers weeks before the event to gain participants and inform the good citizens of Launceston that this is happening on this day at this time. If you don't want to witness it or don't want to exposure your children to the 'horros' then you do not bring them into town on that day, otherwise whatever 'reactions' or 'side-effects' your children may have to seeing the horde, that is your fault, not ours. You were aware, you exposed them. Banning the zombie walk is a selfish idea. You are raining on our parade because you don't think your children can handle a little bit of harmless fun. There were several children in the march itself, even babies still in prams. I had almost every little girl in the march come up to me, give me a beaming grin and wave and say "hello Jasmine!". They were not frightened of me at all, even though my mouth was covered in blood and I had done FX makeup on my ribs and legs. Bystanders watching the march in the mall were fasinated and again, not scared. I stumbled through birchalls doing my zombie strut and I heard people saying "oh my gosh, this is so cool. Look! Disney!". If that is a cry of terror to you then god forbid the measures people must have to go to to sound pleased around you.
The Launceston zombie walk is a day for the people of Launceston to parade around in silly torn clothes and a ridiculous amount of dirt and fake blood. If you've got an issue with it, keep it to yourself. You will not rain on the parade of 50+ Launceston citizens because you don't like a little bit of harmless humor.