Hide the Zombies

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Hide the Zombies.

Anonymous

2014-04-26 23:45

Please share

2014-04-27 03:50

I work with many child who have experience trauma these type of event only bring back memories. child should not be exposed to this.

2014-04-27 23:13

I have 3 young children and I would hate for them to see this, I am very pleased that we were not walking through the Mall on Saturday. My youngest gets scared watching some shows on ABC Kids, graphic images as displayed in the newspaper of the zombie walk are not something I wish to expose my children to. If people wish to do this they should limit it to a certain area, hire a hall and have an evening Zombie dance of thats what you're into, but exposing young children to graphic blood and gore on a public street should not be allowed.
Zombie Ariel

2014-04-28 06:26

The zombie walk is a yearly event, held around the same time every year and is ADVERTISED on both FB and on posters around town. If you don't like it simply do not go to town at 12pm on a SINGLE day of the year. It's an event to bring people together, I have seen a lot of people make new friends through this walk and it would be ridiculous for it to end because a few people don't have the common sense not to bring their children near it if they have a problem with it.
Juliet

2014-04-28 06:38

I am a mother of 3 young children and I use the zombie walk as a great exercise in what's pretend and what is real. They do scare easily but the zombies don't bother them because they know they are just people dressed up. If they were that likely to be upset then I wouldn't bring them into town one day a year between the hours of 12 and 2. It's seriously 2 hours out of a whole year and was advertised on Facebook, on posters around town and in the Newspaper- so there was plenty of advance notice.
A lot of the public enjoy it: both people that go in it themselves and the general public watching. I find it very disheartening that people would try and spoil an annual event just because they can't stay out of town for 2 hours one day a year. I get bothered with religious groups and charities hanging out in the mall and trying to force me to donate or push their religion on me and my kids but I don't try to ban them from doing it- and they are there all through the year, not just one day a year for a couple of hours.
Zombie Priest

2014-04-28 07:23

During the walk I took the time to see how the public were reacting. What I saw were may many people laughing and enjoying the spectacle, many of these people were children who thought it was fantastic, not to mention there were plenty of children in the walk itself having the time of their life. If you would rob people, including children, of this enjoyment all because you lack the common sense to keep your children away and the ability to explain to your children just what is happening, then I feel that you're a far bigger problem than the walk. Yours sincerely, the zombie priest.
Zombie Rapunzel

2014-04-28 08:20

Its one day of the year for goodness sake! For 2 hours! It is advertised everywhere so just don't take your kids to town on this one day! This event is fun and brings people together! Heck children are even in it! Don't try and take away this which is once a year. We have mums and dads who participate and even families! They enjoy it too!

Zombie Alice

2014-04-28 08:43

As people have already stated, this gets advertised HEAPS! I went around handing posters out and got to 20+ different places in town, there is also advertisement on Facebook and the newspaper! This is an annual thing that brings fun and enjoyment to people's lives! It only happens for 2 hours and it isn't hard to go "oh, my kids don't like zombies or blood... Better stay out of town today" and if you MUST be in town on that day, don't bring your children... If you HAVE to bring your children, go into town during the hours there are no zombies walking around! I saw so many tourists who were loving it and my group ended up holding up the ending speech/prize giveaway because of how many tourists and other people wanted our photos because of how much they liked it! And then, there were a air few kids in it... Some who were probably only like 1 year old and it didn't bother them... I had a girl about 4 or 5 come up to me, smiling an waved saying "bye bye!" Just before leaving and she stood there smiling at me for a moment longer before walking off... I was on the ground, a bloodied rabbit with its head half off its body in my mouth and it didn't faze her one little bit! And I am sorry but, a zombie dance? Sounds kinda silly because... Zombies don't dance and if we were to act like zombies, in a hall or something, it would get belong because it would just be us, doing nothing for a couple hours... And if it were to a at a later time to suit those with little kids, it would probably be way too cold and dark and lite kids who cruelly want to see it or participate wouldn't be able to... So that is taking away the privellge to them... This whole petition is so stupid because there are so many GOOD things about the zombie walk and if you are worried about your kids seeing it, it is easily avoided WITHOUT having to stop it or ruin it all together for those who WANT to do it or who LIKE it.

2014-04-28 10:25

I think it is disgusting!! Why do they have to be so ugly? What is the point of it all?
It doesn't uplift or encourage anyone!!
Zombie Megara

2014-04-28 12:29

This day was of course advertised and was a way to bring people together! Every zombie upheld the rule of not going out of their way to scare children. It was only 2 hours and we were just passing through with only two ten minute stops. Most people enjoyed the zombies and survivors and the organiser wants the annual march for supporting a charity in future.
Zombie Elsa

2014-04-29 11:36

I was there as zombie Elsa from frozen. I had many children calling out "it's Elsa! Hi Elsa!" Even with me covered on fake blood and makeup.
The zombie walk has plenty of advertising and warning. It's literally only 2 hours out of an entire year, if oupersonally have a problem with the zombies, then I do t see why you don't just avoid town for those few hours. Instead of trying to shut down an event that has bought people together and caused alot of enjoyment. Not to mention the memories that both those participating and viewing have created together. Even tourists enjoy it. Many came and asked for pictures and were amazed at some of the work that had been put into it.
If you don't like it. Do t go.
But don't ruin everyone else's fun just because you can't see the fun behind it.
Don't ruin out fun, our event and the bonds/friendships we can make.
Think things through.
It's easier for you to avoid us for 2 hours.
Than it is to try and shut down a harmless event.
Zombie Jasmine

2014-04-30 12:24

The zombie walk is a yearly event that is always held in Launceston sometime during April /of EVERY year!/. Not only is it up on facebook all year round in an open group, but as an event page too. Though if you don't have a facebook or don't see it advertised there, it is always advertised in town with flyers and a newspaper article before and after the event itself. We litter the streets of Launceston with these flyers weeks before the event to gain participants and inform the good citizens of Launceston that this is happening on this day at this time. If you don't want to witness it or don't want to exposure your children to the 'horros' then you do not bring them into town on that day, otherwise whatever 'reactions' or 'side-effects' your children may have to seeing the horde, that is your fault, not ours. You were aware, you exposed them. Banning the zombie walk is a selfish idea. You are raining on our parade because you don't think your children can handle a little bit of harmless fun. There were several children in the march itself, even babies still in prams. I had almost every little girl in the march come up to me, give me a beaming grin and wave and say "hello Jasmine!". They were not frightened of me at all, even though my mouth was covered in blood and I had done FX makeup on my ribs and legs. Bystanders watching the march in the mall were fasinated and again, not scared. I stumbled through birchalls doing my zombie strut and I heard people saying "oh my gosh, this is so cool. Look! Disney!". If that is a cry of terror to you then god forbid the measures people must have to go to to sound pleased around you.
The Launceston zombie walk is a day for the people of Launceston to parade around in silly torn clothes and a ridiculous amount of dirt and fake blood. If you've got an issue with it, keep it to yourself. You will not rain on the parade of 50+ Launceston citizens because you don't like a little bit of harmless humor.
Zombie loving photographer

2014-05-01 07:57

I've been following the zombie walk for the last few years taking photos. I think it's an awesome thing for young and old alike. How many of u people complaining let their kids play xbox/play station/ipads etc??? I bet a lot of those are gory or shooting etc.. The walk is not hurting anyone and if u have a problem with it, walk the other way, just like something on tv, u would change the channel, or would u sit there and watch it then carry on about it all over a petition?? It's not violent or hurting anyone. I personally have met some wonderful people through this walk and for your information they are outstanding business people looking for some fun who bring their children along who also love it! And the effort that goes into some of these costumes and make-up is extraordinary