Say no to alcohol next to Southern Cross Campus

/ #157

2014-06-19 05:43

It is important that we stop our young generations from being exposed to the presence of alcohol. Having a liquor store across from a secondary school only attracts trouble. Being a current senior student of Southern Cross Campus I am already aware of the consequences alcohol has on my peers. Adding a store within close proximities to our school only fuels the problems that alcohol already causes. Our community as it is, already have problems with the influence of alcohol, having a store with only a couple of metres from our school lure in many more problems, such as underage drinking, drink driving, violence and sexual related crimes. As harsh as it may sound its reality. I need your support to help get the selling of alcohol stopped. Our school and community has come along way this will only set us back as we prepare students to strive for a better life, whether it be through education, trades or sports. If our kids are the future, why have the council approved the allocation of a liquor store close to a school? Are they trying to set up our next generation for failure? I only want whats best for our students, the fact that Southern Cross Campus consists of a kindergarten, primary, intermediate, and high school is one main reason why the selling of liquor needs to be stopped. Majority of kids are below the legal age, their exposure to alcohol needs to be prevented!!! Our nation is known to have a huge problem with alcohol, many lives have been lost due to it. Being a student from a school aiming for a better future, we do not want to be just an addition to some statistics that does not reflect on what we are really about.