Say no to alcohol next to Southern Cross Campus

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Say no to alcohol next to Southern Cross Campus.

2014-06-16 03:21

I live in Paraparaumu beach they also have Liquor Shop within 100 meters to kena kena school. Govt should take this issue seriously.

2014-06-16 08:06

all the best with the petition,will be good when the law changes.

2014-06-16 08:20

We say NO to liquor in ALL of our South Auckland Communities. Children should not be subjected to this in their environment.

2014-06-16 08:27

I am disgusted that this has been approved , what is more importnt , profit driven alchol business people over our children nd their safety .Our children who live in south au,kland face so many challenges and struggles they dnt need a bottle store on every cnr .

This post has been removed by the author of this petition (Show details)

2014-06-16 08:51

2014-06-16 08:54

I believe it is highly irresponsible to have a liquor store so closely located to any school. Not only will this bring the wrong crowd to be around the school children but also what does it teach our generation. We need to teach them to excel and rise above this however does not promote principles to strive and rise above. There is enough liquor stores in Mangere what is the purpose of locating this one in such a location. It is clearly obvious the National Government does not care about the people of New Zealand

2014-06-16 08:57

alcohol affected my dad, he was already a sick man at 21yrs, before i was born. i never got to drive him around or see him hod his great great grands, or see how successful his geandsons are..acohol abuse affected his kidney and liver. join the fight!

2014-06-16 09:06

South Auckland is already littered with liquor stores, would one consider putting up a liquor store opposite a school in Remuera??? I think not.

2014-06-16 09:19

Absolutely ridiculous just have to have it by a Kura, gee uguyz r awesone alrite, now go an put them on the corners of Remuera, how dare you,, totally disgusting. All support for this petition.

2014-06-16 09:21

Tell whoever is the bright spark getting paid a lot of money to give the ok to put a liqour store outside a school in our community thankyou for NOTHING. These kids deserve better and so does the community hang your head in shame. Also stop putting so many Instant finace places around they are taking from our community much more then they are giving.

2014-06-16 09:21

There is no way that children should be this close to any sort of alcohol outlet!

2014-06-16 09:28

I SAY NO TO OPENING THE NEW LIQUOR STORE AT WICKMAN WAY SHOPS

2014-06-16 09:28

My family lives around the corner from this shop and school and i do not
want my children, nephews and nieces exposed to this shop at all. we often shop at these block of shops and if the liquor shop goes ahead we will not be supporting any shops in this block of shops.

2014-06-16 09:34

No good can ever come from having an alcohol shop outside a school. It will create an environment that is detrimental and dangerous for our children. The answer is No! We don't care how much money you want to make our children are more important.

2014-06-16 09:55

I have 2 children attend Te Kura maori o Ngā Tapuwae situated there at Southern cross Campus. I am strongly against a liquor outlet opening in this neighborhood. It showed a lack of care for community and arrogance and failure to listen to the community on the part of Liquor licencing committee. Are they rubber stamping if so what is the use of having sch a committee if they do not take into account community views and input into this. The do not contribute to minimizing, isolating or even eliminating the harmful effects of alcohol on the community.

2014-06-16 10:40

Enough is enough. Say no to this please.

2014-06-16 10:43

Really, another liquor store? Come on ! Big No

2014-06-16 11:26

A truly disgraceful decision/idea to have a liquor store right outside a school in an area already saturated with these sorts of establishments!

2014-06-16 13:33

absolutely shocked this was approved!!! Its sad that they have not considered the safety of our children... Theres so many things that this community needs!!! and this damn alcohol shop isn't one of them!!!

2014-06-16 13:47

THis is also right around the corner from my kids school. They go past there everyday. No way.

2014-06-16 17:57

A mandatory exclusion zone should be in place around ALL schools regarding licensed premises and the selling of Alchohol

2014-06-16 19:14

the decision is disgraceful and it rubs salt into a festering wound to have the Auckland Council endorse it also.

We want our children to grow up in a healthy & supportive environment, this process has been an unfortunate lesson about disempowerment - and being ignored. They are now trying to say that our elected representatives (Local Board) can't speak on our behalf. How bad can you get?
Mrs Morunga

#23 No to liquor store at wickman way Mangere

2014-06-16 19:39

I do NOT support having another liquor store in Mangere and certainly not one across the road from where a school is.

2014-06-16 19:41

I do NOT support having any more liquor stores in mangere

2014-06-16 20:12

That area don't need another liquor store and the fact it's across the road from a school is just ridiculous. So when kids finish school they'll be walking out to a bunch of drunk idiots hanging around or loading up again. Crime and violence will increase in that area. That liquor store will do nothing but more harm. Don't let it happen!!