Say no to alcohol next to Southern Cross Campus

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Say no to alcohol next to Southern Cross Campus.

2014-06-16 20:19

This is the kind of thing that shouldn't even need to go out for public submissions because it is so obviously a stupid idea. We should be able to trust council to do the right thing in "no brainer issues" like this. Too much too ask it seems though.

2014-06-16 20:33

Profits before social responsibility? Definitely and it disgusts me. There are 5 liquor stores with 5 minutes drive from this location. This is how you suppress a community. Good Auckland fuckin counsel

2014-06-16 20:34

I support that 100%. No alcohol around school compound. It is ridiculous to have alcohol especially consuming them around school...
Helly

2014-06-16 20:47

This is truly wrong! There are so many liquor stores in our country and its down right disgusting! Now putting them near schools? Has this world really lost its way? Stop teaching our children all the wrong ways and start leading by example. I have nephews that attend southern cross and i don't want them seeing this and thinking its "normal" south auckland already needs to clean its act up so why make this harder by putting a darn liquor store by a school? Approve of a gym, after school learning centre where children have somewhere safe, quiet and close by to do there homework with youth leaders present! There is so much you can do with that space that will benefit our children and not guide them on the wrong path

2014-06-16 20:48

Lets keep our children and community safe, out of harms reach from what bad and negative influences bring from the introduction of a liqour store.

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2014-06-16 20:50

2014-06-16 21:03

First of all it's disgusting and unsafe. In order for the cycle of dropouts, poverty and low education they kids need to be exposed to a positive environment. REMEMBER THE TYPE OF ENVIRONMENT THAT AN INDIVIDUAL IS EXPOSED TO WILL SHAPE AND CUSTOMISE THERE FUTURE.

2014-06-16 21:06

OG GARUS ave boy hea parents still live there WTF wanna wholesalers In da hood was it not enuf that dem curryz had it in dea shop I mean thea was no trouble with that but a I'm against a bigger outlet being built tthea cause too me an a lot more families from my hood there will b more trouble hea is one example another dead curry man robbed for some alcohol yea council man u want a liquor store sorry to my Indian fanau doesn't mean too sound racist towards uz G AVE MADANGRY FORLYF275

2014-06-16 21:13

Great initiative, lets stop the buggers!!

2014-06-16 21:22

Good luck !

2014-06-16 21:40

The openning of a liquor store next to a school is putting those deficit theories of our class system upon our community into action and so why would we let the statistics confirm that with opening another liqour store which leads to family domestics broken homes crimes and then death.

2014-06-16 21:50

As a ex southsider there is more then enough booze shops in south auckland. Put some thought into where u plop them, right outside a school is a stupid place for all the drunkens to get there fix

2014-06-16 22:13

No More Alcohol Stores in South Auckland!!!

2014-06-16 22:39

It's not a very nice look around childen these days, put something useful to people.. Like a post shop to pay bills at or a kiwi bank, something useful for the kids these days.. kia Ora
May

#40 Hello

2014-06-16 22:46

What is the point putting another Alcohol stores there, why not put Kiwi bank shop or Post where everyone can pay their bills. Look for the best for people, dont run them to the ground by drinking.. And having their childen do it too, they have enaf Alcohol shops already in Mangere
MANGERE BORN AND RAISED

#41 NO MORE LIQUOR STORES IN MANGERE

2014-06-16 23:27

I was born and raised in Mangere having did all my schooling there. My children also did their schooling there. I remember Mangere how it use to be and the times when as a kid I felt safe in the neighborhood at night and not a care in the world. The introduction of liquor outlets placed in local dairies helped change the landscape of our communities by providing easy access to alcohol and allowing this to be norm in our day and age. The statistics quite easily show the problems alcohol consumption causes.... especially to our families. Hospital and medical services are stretched in resources dealing with alcohol related issues. When you see the daily sight of mum or dad buying beer with their milk and nappies.... something is wrong in that picture. The people that made the decision to approve this license do not know anything about this community. Yet they were provided the latest evidence and statistics from the most recent data. The Police did not oppose the application and the community have to live with the decision of a few who are completely out of touch. This is not going to be the last time a liquor license will be approved. If you want to make changes to this problem.... Please sign this petition and help lobby the decision makers.

2014-06-16 23:37

No more alcohol stores!

2014-06-17 00:27

Shop owners out to make a quick buck at the expense of our youth. Sign the petition, a lone voice is meek but in numbers we will be heard!

2014-06-17 00:56

Let's say NO to any liquor store opening near all schools!

2014-06-17 01:12

Like leaving a gun lying around the playground, and now you've just handed the child a bullet

2014-06-17 01:29

We want a decrease in crime not an increase. If we allow this store to be present we are saying OK to everything that follows.

2014-06-17 01:44

There is no need for another alcohol store in Mangere, especially NOT across from an educational building where children are taught to make better choices.

2014-06-17 02:13

Alcohol is already a huge issue in NZ, and south auckland in particular. We all know the damage it can do. And to then bring it closer to our children, who we try to protect from alcohol and its effects, socially irresponsible. Its sickening to see kids walking past liquor stores on their way to school or next to their local takeaways (side issue) as the undesirables it brings around, the increased likelihood of crime and overall "normalisation" of alcohol use. Dont let this happen. Dont expose our future leaders to poison that will no doubt adversly affect many of them in the future.

2014-06-17 02:28

No liquor store!!!!
Tauira tawhito

#50 Seriously??

2014-06-17 03:01

How ridiculous!! As if we need yet another liquor store in Mangere, let alone one directly across the road from a school, kindergarden and church!!! I'm an ex-student from that school and it saddens me that the parties involved have approved such an inappropriate move. Shame on you!