Say no to alcohol next to Southern Cross Campus

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Say no to alcohol next to Southern Cross Campus.

2014-06-17 09:33

Enough is enough....stop approving mini liquor stores and close all mini liquor stores next to dairies. We wonder why we have domestic violence,sexual abuse, starving children and so many other sad/bad things happening. Let's close them down!!! NOW

2014-06-17 09:37

We need to make it harder for people to access alcohol and certainly for our school children. Keep the liquor outlets out of the school and family environments.

2014-06-17 09:53

Get rid of it. Protect our future!

2014-06-17 10:00

I do not agree with this liquor store opening here

2014-06-17 10:07

I have grown up in mangere where this new liquor store will be and i think there are already enough of them in south auckland

2014-06-17 10:50

Ediots

2014-06-17 20:21

Alcohol sale in front of a school is a receipe for social/health disasters. I am appalled that yet another liquor store is planned to be opened in Mangere. How many do we have in the south of Auckland.? How many more do we need to add to all health and social ills caused by alcohol. Tired of it. Many are making big bucks out of the misery of many families. These stores are run by a particular ethnic group who do not have a moral duty to care about our vulnerable community members but only the colour of more monies they can make. They are very selfish and against a sense of belonging and pride in the community. Half of them may not even live in the area they want to help destroy. Are these owners not aware of the last report by the Glen Inqury on domestic violence. Car accidents. Driving while drunk. Murders. Health problems. All these cost monies to us tax payers and ratepayers. Some of those costs could be chanelled towards other more positive community led projects and work  I am totally against the opening of another lethal outfit.

2014-06-17 21:25

There's a liquor store in every corner of Mangere, - we don't need another one especially next door to our family home, across from our family church and across the road from our Pasifika Early Childhood Centres and most definitely not across Southern Cross Campus School.

2014-06-17 21:33

Auckland liquor licensing committee go uppercut yourselves and resign

2014-06-17 21:39

There are already a number of liquor stores within stones throw of this vulnerable area, why another one?

2014-06-17 21:41

Seriously just across from one of the biggest schools in Mangere. Disgusting. Those who approved it should be held responsible, hmmm do their children attend that school? Just thinking out aloud!

2014-06-17 22:00

There's already too many liquor outlets in Mangere already! This area is already struggling with troubled teens & that's the last thing we need here. Now who in their right mind would put a liquor store right across from a school & a church? That's just plain stupid & insane! They could of made money by using that place as a fitness or boxing/mma gym. That would of been ideal for this area. Absolutely ridiculous!

2014-06-17 22:19

It's across from a preschool, primary, secondary school and also opposite a Catholic Church we need to stop this ASAP!

2014-06-17 22:25

I know with our local school those that are old enough just buy for the younger students. Having an alcohol store next to a school will make it more accessible and sharing between students will surely
be more frequent. Have you ever thought of those under aged alcoholics ?? "Out of sight out of mind"

2014-06-17 22:38

Ludacris decisions. We have huge problems with alcoholism in our youth as it is with the easy access they have to the numerous liquor stores that exist already! Choose a more positive way to earn money rather than targeting our children and their families!

2014-06-17 22:49

Four of my grandchildren go this school,and i will do all i can to help stop this from happening even if a gota burn that dam place down

2014-06-17 23:18

No do not put a liquor store there its not a good sign to the students of Southern Cross Campus

2014-06-17 23:32

Say No to alcohol next to Southern Cross Campus

2014-06-17 23:32

Even worse is the name of this liquor outlet containing the word "thirsty". Impressionable children should not be faced with this less-than-subtle implication that alcohol rather than plain water is the best way to quench a person's thirst.
MangereResident

2014-06-17 23:33

Disappointing on so many levels! Thank you Duncan Garner for setting this up

2014-06-17 23:38

We live next door and we definitely don't need this for safety of our children and grandchildren families.pleas sign to support.

2014-06-17 23:42

This is just a plain stupid idea and for it to have gone this far only shows where people in decision making roles are at! We have enough issues and challenges as it is and people working on the ground working with families, young people, adults and so on who are faced with the influence of alcohol and to read and see this shop potentially open-across from a school! To normalise drinking and binge culture right in the reach of our babies..lost for words really. I 100% support this petition and encourage everyone to sign their name and publicly oppose this happening!

#98 PETITION against liquor store across from school

2014-06-17 23:43

Awesome vision 'local councillors' NOT. *FFS*

2014-06-17 23:59

It's bad enough some of these students are stealing alcohol from countdown Mangere, imagine when this liquor store opens. And I'm saying SOME of these students have been caught stealing, wouldn't be good influence to these kids seeing another opportunity to snatch some alcohol. I think that it's stupid and definitely not socially responsible, I don't think stakeholders were thought upon when making the decision to approve the opening of a liquor store across Southern cross and St Therese Catholic Church. It's stupid acts like these that have placed negative stereotypes on south auckland. Put something else there like a gym or healthy food/fruit shop; we don't have enough of these!

2014-06-18 00:04

Our community and children deserve better protection and leadership from local and central government