ban fireworks in ALL residential area's

/ #231

2016-01-02 11:00

I agreew

I agree. Kempton Park was a war zone from mid afternoon on 31 December until early the next morning.

All numbers supplied for complaints remained unanswered as well.

Yesterday afternoon crackers were still going off.

At 19h30 I left home to buy take-a ways and I heard more loud explosions coming from nearby. I decided to go up the street behind mine, only to find to unattended black children throwing crackers into the street. I stopped and asked where their parents were and was told that they were watching TV!

I called the Kempton Park Sector 2 police vehicle directly on their cellphone and the woman answering was not really interested. When I mentioned that it was young black children she eventually agreed to look into it but it sounded like it was really a big effort.

We also received a report on our neighbourhood watch WhatsApp of people selling fireworks in the street, which is totally illegal. I reported this to the police.

The Explosives Act covers the use of fireworks and is clearly not being enforced and only a total ban of these dangerous and annoying waste of money products needs to be immediately applied

I call for a total ban of all fireworks in South Africa.

Kempton Park was a war zone from mid afternoon on 31 December until early the next morning.

All numbers supplied for complaints remained unanswered as well.

Yesterday afternoon crackers were still going off.

At 19h30 I left home to buy take-a ways and I heard more loud explosions coming from nearby. I decided to go up the street behind mine, only to find to unattended black children throwing crackers into the street. I stopped and asked where their parents were and was told that they were watching TV!

I called the Kempton Park Sector 2 police vehicle directly on their cellphone and the woman answering was not really interested. When I mentioned that it was young black children she eventually agreed to look into it but it sounded like it was really a big effort.

We also received a report on our neighbourhood watch WhatsApp of people selling fireworks in the street, which is totally illegal.

The Explosives Act covers the use of fireworks and is clearly not being enforced and only a total ban of these dangerous and annoying waste of money products needs to be immediately applied.

Looking on Facebook it is clearly obvious from the number of animals reported lost, found killed or injured, that the indiscriminate abuse of fireworks has caused untold suffering to all citizens and animals.

I also talk from personal experience, with one of my dogs being so traumatised after Christmas thstvshe got her head stuck in a security gate. On New Year's Eve, she was inside with us but was so traumatistraumatised that she spent the night trying to find a place to hide.

From 23h00, she climbed on our bed and pushed her head under the pillows.

For this reason my family chose not to go out between Christmas and New Year.