ban fireworks in ALL residential area's

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition ban fireworks in ALL residential area's.

2016-01-02 10:49

Fireworks should be banned outright. People have proven year after year that they cannot be trusted to obey the law and only set fireworks in designated areas. The police do not have enough manpower to deal with those who break the law so the law is meaningless. For the sake of our animals and children and innocent bystanders who get injured please please ban fireworks.

2016-01-02 10:49

I have signed up to this petition because I have pets. Personally it's frightening my own life and the rest of my families too. We are a family of animal lovers too. Thank you for allowing me to express my feelings about the banning of fireworks and imports into our country of SOUTH AFRICA.

2016-01-02 10:53

Fireworks should be banned outright. People have proven year after year that they cannot be trusted to obey the law and only set fireworks in designated areas. The police do not have enough manpower to deal with those who break the law so the law is meaningless. For the sake of our animals and children and innocent bystanders who get injured please please ban fireworks.

2016-01-02 10:58

I have two Yorkshire Terriers & they are terrified & traumatized by the noise. I also dislike the loud bangs.

2016-01-02 10:59

Fireworks stress my dogs out. They need to be banned.

2016-01-02 11:00

I agreew

I agree. Kempton Park was a war zone from mid afternoon on 31 December until early the next morning.

All numbers supplied for complaints remained unanswered as well.

Yesterday afternoon crackers were still going off.

At 19h30 I left home to buy take-a ways and I heard more loud explosions coming from nearby. I decided to go up the street behind mine, only to find to unattended black children throwing crackers into the street. I stopped and asked where their parents were and was told that they were watching TV!

I called the Kempton Park Sector 2 police vehicle directly on their cellphone and the woman answering was not really interested. When I mentioned that it was young black children she eventually agreed to look into it but it sounded like it was really a big effort.

We also received a report on our neighbourhood watch WhatsApp of people selling fireworks in the street, which is totally illegal. I reported this to the police.

The Explosives Act covers the use of fireworks and is clearly not being enforced and only a total ban of these dangerous and annoying waste of money products needs to be immediately applied

I call for a total ban of all fireworks in South Africa.

Kempton Park was a war zone from mid afternoon on 31 December until early the next morning.

All numbers supplied for complaints remained unanswered as well.

Yesterday afternoon crackers were still going off.

At 19h30 I left home to buy take-a ways and I heard more loud explosions coming from nearby. I decided to go up the street behind mine, only to find to unattended black children throwing crackers into the street. I stopped and asked where their parents were and was told that they were watching TV!

I called the Kempton Park Sector 2 police vehicle directly on their cellphone and the woman answering was not really interested. When I mentioned that it was young black children she eventually agreed to look into it but it sounded like it was really a big effort.

We also received a report on our neighbourhood watch WhatsApp of people selling fireworks in the street, which is totally illegal.

The Explosives Act covers the use of fireworks and is clearly not being enforced and only a total ban of these dangerous and annoying waste of money products needs to be immediately applied.

Looking on Facebook it is clearly obvious from the number of animals reported lost, found killed or injured, that the indiscriminate abuse of fireworks has caused untold suffering to all citizens and animals.

I also talk from personal experience, with one of my dogs being so traumatised after Christmas thstvshe got her head stuck in a security gate. On New Year's Eve, she was inside with us but was so traumatistraumatised that she spent the night trying to find a place to hide.

From 23h00, she climbed on our bed and pushed her head under the pillows.

For this reason my family chose not to go out between Christmas and New Year.

2016-01-02 11:01

Because I do care for the safety of the furkids, to many lost in our town Nigel due to fireworks , whe had our hands full with our own dog did not sleep at all.

2016-01-02 11:02

It is a shame to see and hear of all the pets that is lost and scared, then I could only wonder how many are hurt and dead!

2016-01-02 11:03

To stop fire works in total and to prosecute offenders.

2016-01-02 11:06

Fireworks are awesome if done by professionals. Residential areas is not the place for this. I bet a lot of people don't even give the animals a second thought. Aksi, when alcohol is involved people do stupid things.

2016-01-02 11:07

Because I would like to have fireworks banned for the following reasons:
1. animal distress causing them to kill or maim themselves trying to get away from the noise
2. Children do not like the noise
3. Disturbs the peace of the residential suburbs

2016-01-02 11:08

Totally against the use of fireworks and the damage stress and hurt to innocent animals. Let's use money wasted on fireworks to help children or animals .

2016-01-02 11:12

Our fur kids can't defend themselves against these loud noises. Their hearing is much better than ours and those high pitches really hearts and scare them.

2016-01-02 11:13

Animals don't need to go through this trauma so a few selfish inconsiderate humans can celebrate an event. This can be celebrated with out fire works

2016-01-02 11:13

When you decide to take an animal into your house it becomes your responsibility to take care of it. Fireworks are extremely dangerous to any wildlife. Why should they not be treated with the love rhey deserve. From any human.

2016-01-02 11:16

It is horrific that animal rights are ignored and that animals go through terrible distress and even death for someone's thoughtlessness and selfishness.

2016-01-02 11:17

It is really time to stand together and get fireworks out of residential areas in order to protect all our fur friends.

2016-01-02 11:17

Animal anti cruelty activist who speaks for those who can't speak!

2016-01-02 11:19

Fireworks might be pretty but if not controlled can be dangerous and I am an animal lover, I see how the fireworks affect them and that is not ayoba.

2016-01-02 11:19

I am an anti animal abuse activist and speak for those who can't speak

2016-01-02 11:20

I believe in the cause !

2016-01-02 11:22

It frightens the dogs & wildlife, a total waste of money. Only pleases the stupid people who get a kick out of the bang Sigh!

2016-01-02 11:25

The pets in the neighbourhood get so traumatised from the fireworks.

2016-01-02 11:31

Because there is no reason whatsoever to let off fireworks in residential areas and too many animals get scared and run away because they are petrified.

2016-01-02 11:37

Animals do not deserve to suffer at the expense of human "pleasure"