SALT LAKE COUNTY EQUESTRIAN PARK

/ #103

2016-02-16 08:59

Getting rid of that park is 1 wrong and 2 silly. As the chairman of Parley's canyon Community Council and as an advisory board member to SLCO MSD...I truly believe this park should be kept. As being a community council chair, I have thankfully been able to see both sides of the story. I don't think it's fair to either side to jump on the wagon against each other without knowing the facts. I will say that our county officials and employees for the most part are first class people that we are lucky to have. I will also say that some make errors in judgement. Keep this park. Save this park. It provides year round service to so many. As there are more annexed lands, there is now less land for horse owners. But this park is not just about horse people. It holds year round soccer, free boxing for underprivileged children, income for vendors during events, a safe place for families to teach there children amongst so many other things. Please keep this park. Maybe we can gather more volunteers. Money wise....well, this is a pebble that can't even make a dent in the mountain of debt. Keep it. Save it. It means so much to many.