SALT LAKE COUNTY EQUESTRIAN PARK

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition SALT LAKE COUNTY EQUESTRIAN PARK.

Jerry

#101 Re: Not Valid!

2016-02-16 05:31

#6: Sheri Young - Not Valid! 

how do we get info for signing the real petition?

2016-02-16 08:36

I attend the dog show there. I think it is a needed space for animal events and for the horse people. And it's a park, with grass and not much concrete. The valley needs more of that not less.

2016-02-16 08:59

Getting rid of that park is 1 wrong and 2 silly. As the chairman of Parley's canyon Community Council and as an advisory board member to SLCO MSD...I truly believe this park should be kept. As being a community council chair, I have thankfully been able to see both sides of the story. I don't think it's fair to either side to jump on the wagon against each other without knowing the facts. I will say that our county officials and employees for the most part are first class people that we are lucky to have. I will also say that some make errors in judgement. Keep this park. Save this park. It provides year round service to so many. As there are more annexed lands, there is now less land for horse owners. But this park is not just about horse people. It holds year round soccer, free boxing for underprivileged children, income for vendors during events, a safe place for families to teach there children amongst so many other things. Please keep this park. Maybe we can gather more volunteers. Money wise....well, this is a pebble that can't even make a dent in the mountain of debt. Keep it. Save it. It means so much to many.
Kathy

#104 Keep Salt Lake County Equestrian Center open!

2016-02-16 10:14

I attend multiple events at this facility every year.  I want to be able to continue riding and attending events at the equestrian park.

2016-02-16 11:03

This is one of the few places left in Salt Lake County that is open to horses. Salt Lake is ignoring the horse population and riders.

2016-02-16 11:40

Equestrian parks are at a premium, please preserve our sport!

2016-02-16 13:41

It is vital that the Public have access to all rural activities

2016-02-16 13:59

This center provides a place for my daughter to be with her horse, who is her therapy animal, to work through her PTSD. It has literally saved her life. Please don't take that away!

2016-02-16 14:16

We need a local place to hold shows for our youth. This facility is important to the development of my daughter and her skills as a horse person and the log long skills she learns by participating in said shows. Thanks for helping to save this important place for horse people.

2016-02-16 14:50

I attend the "Beehive Cluster" of dog shows at this site every year, and it is a great site - from the indoor rings to the separate "grooming stalls". I have exhibitor-friends who come to these shows from out of state specifically because of this site. Don't take out show site from us!

2016-02-16 15:03

If the equestrian park had a better marketing/promotions department, the facility would swarming with people. It's nearly impossible to find out about upcoming and even current events.

2016-02-16 15:03

My daughter has been riding for 8 years and this facility has been the main venue for competition and training.

2016-02-16 15:09

I have used the Equestrian Park on many occasions and each time money from my pocket has gone to surrounding businesses for food, fuel, and product.

2016-02-16 17:07

As an animal enthusiast, I believe in providing as much opportunity as possible for those who wish to interact with these magestic creatures and accommodate those who may not have the facilities to own a horse. I personally love the atmosphere and the culture of horses. I believe that in today's world we need more of that culture, not less.
Jennifer C.

#115 Allocating funds

2016-02-16 18:04

I am a 28 year breeder and exhibitor of Australian Shepherds. I compete on a national and local level. I also hold an MBA and own my own profitable business... Given my short background here is my view on the equestrian center  

I completely support saving the equestrian center, but I do not support reallocating funds to do so! This facility is fantastic and could have a great draw for national and regional events. The county needs to make the facility profitable.

I live near the facility and it is constantly unused. The way it stands now clubs can not afford to use the facility. High school rodeo, my small local dog club, and so many others would love to rent the facility or even small parts of the facility, but we can't afford the premium price.

There are many ways to generate revenue and I don't feel the county is exploring these avenues. Hiring a qualified individual to manage marketing would be a great first step. This individual must completely understand the industry. Give incentives for using the facility. Be more negotiable on the price depending on the needs of each organization. This is how the facility can potentially become profitable.  

I don't want to see the facility go away, something needs to be done to make up for the losses. 

TAK

2016-02-16 20:28

As I taxpayer I appreciate the fact that as an elected representive you take the position to not have "government waste." But, as a taxpaper and voter I want the taxes I pay to make my hometown a beautiful place to be proud of.  This is what we have when we have parks, zoos, walking paths, dog parks, golf courses, libraries, skate parks, and yes the EP for everyone to enjoy. Not all the citizens use all the facilities we pay for, but they is sure something proud to have the apportunity for any of our residence to enjoy and participate in. My children were so fortunate to be able to use the parks and rec of SLCO while growing up.  We had family come many, many times to visit from California, CO, Virginia and ALL were so impressed with how many, and how nice the facilities and services that we available to us. Just remember sometimes the money numbers don't always show in the black, but boy is there a price to be paid when a society puts money above quality of life. In closing,  quality of life for all taxpayers should be what you were elected to do, parks and rec isn't a money maker, but you can't always put a price on happiness of a society.

2016-02-16 21:12

My family is very involved in horse activities including 4H and barrel racing, we do not want to see this Equestrian center to be eliminated.

2016-02-16 21:41

I signed because this building served as the building block to my future in dogs. This is where I became involved with dogs and my education about them grew. It is a must that we keep this venue because our future children need to be educated about their actions and starting with the correct treatment of animals is a good way to begin.

2016-02-16 22:38

I'd stay away from Federal funding. There ends up being to many strings attached.

2016-02-17 03:36

Because we are very active in our Australian Shephed clubs and shows. We need facilities like this to hold our showing events. Dog shows generate a lot of revenue for a town and are worth supplying facilities such as these to draw larger shows and events.

2016-02-17 16:14

What a ridiculous notion to think that the intermountain west, the American west, the cowboy, the horse, would.lose such an extremely important venue. Another ridiculous governmental, political, stupid idea.God Bless the horse.
God Bless America.

2016-02-17 20:26

This park is used for many activies if it sold there is really no land for around for this type of park. we go there every year for the dogs, nicest place in the state for the dog shows. we spend lots of money in the community when we go to the shows, hotels or rv parks or pay to camp onsite, restaurants, gas stations, stores since we always forgetting to pack something or need something . venders who sell and rent spaces, we buy the overprice food from the food court at events. Sad but livestock rural life is getting crowd out to make subdivision shopping centers parking lots golf course. we are losing our western way of life and pioneer heritage. We like being able to pay and use parks like this or fairgrounds to camp when traveling with the rv, especial traveling with dogs or animals than parking lots of rv campgrounds.

2016-02-17 21:07

Cuz it's the right thing to do ....

2016-02-18 13:56

This is my first contract with The Facility - I hope they stay in Business - it would be a shame not to service the horse community- the same issue happened in Jacksonville, FL ... And the facility is still going strong and is being improved - don't give up on Equestrian Sports!!!

2016-02-20 01:14

Because the city needs this place for all the riders and horses. They need this place to train, stable and protect their horses.