SALT LAKE COUNTY EQUESTRIAN PARK

TAK

/ #116

2016-02-16 20:28

As I taxpayer I appreciate the fact that as an elected representive you take the position to not have "government waste." But, as a taxpaper and voter I want the taxes I pay to make my hometown a beautiful place to be proud of.  This is what we have when we have parks, zoos, walking paths, dog parks, golf courses, libraries, skate parks, and yes the EP for everyone to enjoy. Not all the citizens use all the facilities we pay for, but they is sure something proud to have the apportunity for any of our residence to enjoy and participate in. My children were so fortunate to be able to use the parks and rec of SLCO while growing up.  We had family come many, many times to visit from California, CO, Virginia and ALL were so impressed with how many, and how nice the facilities and services that we available to us. Just remember sometimes the money numbers don't always show in the black, but boy is there a price to be paid when a society puts money above quality of life. In closing,  quality of life for all taxpayers should be what you were elected to do, parks and rec isn't a money maker, but you can't always put a price on happiness of a society.