SALT LAKE COUNTY EQUESTRIAN PARK

Jennifer C.

/ #115 Allocating funds

2016-02-16 18:04

I am a 28 year breeder and exhibitor of Australian Shepherds. I compete on a national and local level. I also hold an MBA and own my own profitable business... Given my short background here is my view on the equestrian center  

I completely support saving the equestrian center, but I do not support reallocating funds to do so! This facility is fantastic and could have a great draw for national and regional events. The county needs to make the facility profitable.

I live near the facility and it is constantly unused. The way it stands now clubs can not afford to use the facility. High school rodeo, my small local dog club, and so many others would love to rent the facility or even small parts of the facility, but we can't afford the premium price.

There are many ways to generate revenue and I don't feel the county is exploring these avenues. Hiring a qualified individual to manage marketing would be a great first step. This individual must completely understand the industry. Give incentives for using the facility. Be more negotiable on the price depending on the needs of each organization. This is how the facility can potentially become profitable.  

I don't want to see the facility go away, something needs to be done to make up for the losses.