I Would Like Gila County to Cut Cell Phone Expenses Now.

Quoted post

#38 Department Heads

2011-03-12 17:44

Just a thought - why do you take it for granted that (non-emergency)department heads need cell phones? Are there not assistants in the office to take calls and messages? If there were not a system of landlines it would be a different matter.

Replies

Susan K
The author of this petition

#39 Re: Department Heads

2011-03-12 18:34:20

#38: - Department Heads

You are correct. I thought of that yesterday when the personnel supervisor Birdie Dennero ($72,000. a year) said "what if I walk away and leave my own phone, and I'm in another room and my work cell phone rings, I will have it right there."

Well I thought how nice, you wont have to carry your own heavy phone everywhere, and of course you will always have your county cell phone on you incase you walk into a room without a phone. Get your own phone!

And, when Shirley Dawson ($68,000. a year) said that during a bad storm one time, she was at home, and a woman called her because a mud slide had come down on her driveway and blocked her in her garage. Because she has had a county cell phone she was able to call Steve Stratton ($90,000. a year). and they were able to help the woman. I asked her, don't you have a home phone? If not, get your own phone. They are making the big bucks and still we provide them with phones and vehicles and who knows what else.