No Homework Wednesdays

Quoted post

#13 Re: Re:

2013-08-09 00:09

#12: "Really?" - Re:

There was no disrespect. I do think they will hear what you have to say, but logically they will not be able to do this because of seperation of church and state. If the BOE allowed a religion as an excuse for no homework then sports, other religion, etc. would be ablle to ask for no homework. Homework is a review and IF you have a teacher giving your child as much homework as I have heard then I would have a meeting with them and the principal and see if we can not come to an agreement on how much is given. I just think the attack on teachers and the Board Office is a little much since this is a Christian matter. As a christian I stated my opinion and wished you luck. I am sorry you read what you wanted to into my message. I will pray that I am more clear on my intentions and hope everyone can be open minded about such an important topic.

Replies

"Really?"

#14 Re: Re: Re:

2013-08-09 01:44:39

#13: - Re: Re:

Here's the problem. Many parents want to be involved and teachers and administration treat them like trash. If I had a nickel for every statement made from Tattnall county BOE and Teachers of how the "parents" are the reason why we just can't do a good job, I'd be rich. Separation of church and state? Is that the moral reason behind your school district's amoral behavior to parents? If you were Christian as you say you are and even exude a tiny amount of leadership, you could have used this experience to unite parents with outside help with your students to bring performance up and even help bring up the low performance of this district. But you didn't. Tell us again who's fault is it that Tattnall County School District is a consistent low performer with low income minorities and drop out rates and school violence? That's what I thought.