Saba_probation_officer

Quoted post

Lawyer

#17 The BES-laws are even more supporting the objections than in the petition

2011-07-05 01:30

With great interest I read your letter to the Minister following the article in the Daily Herald in which the remarks of Mr. Williams described. I agree with you that such statements are not to remain unpunished.

In light of your letter I would like to point out the existence of the (temporary) law official languages ​​BES (see Annex), if you do not already know about. This is clearly set out in Article 2 put that in addition to Dutch, English and Papiamentu also official languages ​​of the islands of Bonaire, St. Eustatius and Saba.

Although this law monitors traffic between organs of the public body and the residents of the relevant public body, like the provisions in the Introductory BES to which you refer in your letter, I believe that this will also apply mutatis mutandis should apply to communication between the national government and the residents of public bodies. As for the communication of the former island is, why not for the national government? It is basically for the same form of communication. Perhaps even this law you are serving your argument.

Replies

#77 Re: The BES-laws are even more supporting the objections than in the petition

2011-08-15 02:33:07

#17: Lawyer - The BES-laws are even more supporting the objections than in the petition

http://www.rijksoverheid.nl/onderwerpen/erkende-talen/talen-in-nederland

"Talen in Nederland

Het Nederlands is de officiële taal van Nederland. Daarnaast is ook het Fries in de provincie Fryslân erkend als 2e officiële taal. Voor de eilanden Bonaire, Sint-Eustatius en Saba (BES-eilanden) zijn het Papiaments en het Engels, naast het Nederlands, ook officiële talen."