abolish the parking regulations for commercial and rvs in kl

Quoted post

Literate

#20 Does anyone know how to read?

2014-03-24 01:45

The by-law does not abolish your rv's or even commercial equipment ion your own property. It only regulates it. It's no different than a by-law about how high you can build your fence, how many pets you are allowed to have in your house, how much noise is acceptable and at what time of day, or where you are allowed to pile the snow from your property. A mass of commercial equipment on your neighbour's lawn would negatively impact the selling power of your home. High fines are a preventative measure which saves the town and taxpayer money in the long-term as there should be less infractions and less fines. You people need to learn how to read instead of jumping to conclusions and going on a witch hunt. YOU ARE STILL ALLOWED TO HAVE YOUR RECREATIONAL VEHICLES ON YOUR PROPERTY! THE TARGETS ARE THE COMMERCIAL EQUIPMENT! How much time have YOU spent in positive support or participation in your community vs criticizing it and slamming it for not meeting the needs of your minority demographic. And again, the by-law DOES meet the needs of the recreational demographic.

Replies

#21 Re: Does anyone know how to read?

2014-03-24 03:06:15

#20: Literate - Does anyone know how to read?

quotes below from the news article. I can read just fine. Basically i cant park a rv in my driveway then park my car infront of my house. I also now require a fence if i park one in my own back yard. You speak of commercial vehicles. how many local business have construction trailers for their renovation business. Crema, Haskins, KPG. This will directly affect them and discourages people from moving to kirkland lake to enjoy the amazing outdoor life the area has to offer. the second quote line shows they arent done with the bylaw yet. If i hire a contractor to renovate my house will he not be able to park his trailer with his tools on my property while the work is being completed?

"not more than two commercial or recreational vehicles, must have required residential parking in addition to space taken up by commercial or recreational vehicle, commercial or recreational vehicle must be parked behind front building line, and vehicle is screened by an opaque fence having a height of no less than 1.8 metres."

"he new bylaw does not affect vehicles parked on the street but council was assured that will be addressed when the parking bylaw is tweaked as it is currently being reviewed."

Good Job

#22 Re: Does anyone know how to read?

2014-03-24 04:18:54

#20: Literate - Does anyone know how to read?

This is definately a good way to prove your point buddy. "Rv's"/Calling anyone illiterate is just too ironic. Please leave the internet before you accidentally let your name loose for public ridicule. 

As for the actual issue we're dealing with; if you go back and read the original post,  you might pick up the bit about a 1.8m fence that will/is required to cover your commercial and recreational vehicles. No one in their right minds will waste their time and money putting up a decent fence, and worst case ontario, I'll build a shanty fence made of tin and pallets.