KEEP THE TRADITION OF SALMON NETTING ON THE TAMAR TAVY

Quoted post

Orri

2014-04-05 15:24

Poaching does not only involve illegal netting it also involves using salmon paste,fishing without a licence,gaffing,foul hooking,tickling by anglers as any magistrate will confirm.
Thankfully with the netsmen being constantly policed and required to let the EA know when
they intend fishing there is no opportunity to poach as you suggest.But obviously if you have
information to the contrary then contact the EA or the police.If as I suspect your information is based on idle tittle tattle and hearsay I think you should put up or shut up.

Replies

#117 Re:

2014-04-06 14:13:57

#109: Orri - Their time will come, law abiding eyes everywhere now orri. I wonder, if you saw illegal netting would you report it? I think most honest people, who actually know the tamar, fully understand how important it is to protect the low stocks of salmon. Hopefully some prosecutions will take place this year as conservation and protection measures are stepped up, at least while these criminals are in court they wont be taking the last few salmon out hey!!