THIS IS A PETITION TO REMOVE LAURA GLADING FROM OFFICE

Quoted post

2014-11-12 23:30

When I see comments here relating to seniority I can only assume they are made by ex-TWA flight attendants.   As an airline employee since 1982, here is my take on that.

Apfa did not fuck you over.............TWA fucked you over.   Your strike in the mid 1980's was a dismal failure.  I know.....I was around when it happened and was in the news.   In the mid 1980's, United, American, and Delta were expanding rapidly and hiring large numbers of flight attendants, as Pan Am, TWA and Eastern were crumbling.   Instead of leaving TWA after your dismal failure of a strike, you chose to stay.   You made a mistake.  If you hired on with another airline in the mid eighties, you would have almost 30 years of seniority.   Maybe some of you did interview with other airlines but didn't make the cut, given your lousy attitude.   I know.  I interviewed and was hired by United in 1991.  There were Pan Am flight attendants at the cattle call who thought they were royalty.   Needless to say, they didn't make it.   After American purchased bankrupt TWA, you got top pay, vacation accrual, and every other aspect of seniority except bidding.   In no way were you entitiled to date of hire seniority.  I'll concede you might have gotten 1 year at American for every 3 years at TWA.  But then you should have only gotten that pay scale as well.  Not full pay.   I believe that's what the Pan Am battle axes got when they went with Delta.

Life is unfair, make the best of it, stop complaining......get over it, and yourselves.  You are not as fabulous as you think you are.

Replies

#340 Re:

2014-11-12 23:40:06

#339: -  

Very few TWA people on this petition. It is the real AA people who are realizing that Glading and APFA is not a real union...they

don't care anyone but themselves. Regarding TWA, APFA did not negotiate in good faith as required by the bankrupcy judge. APFA was unfair to the Flight Attendants who were also union members...brothers and sisters. What good was top pay when there was a 6 year job loss?  Karma!!!!