say no to a columbarium next to our future home!

Quoted post

2015-01-01 08:26

I am not one of them fyi.

I am just like anyone of you guys staying in a bto flat and fyi mine is just near a columbarium anyways and have been happily staying here for the past 30plus years. Am i unfortunate? Personally i dont think so. At least i have a roof over my head. 

If you read the straitstimes, the term resale value was brought up as the first concern isnt it? Such reason if u true wont even be published out.

Everyone is saying how gracious you are here and there. So are we looking at the circumstances now?

Yes. HDB states that 60% stays at their first place of residences. 60% of what generation? Gen x, y or the generation now? I believe it is the pioneer generation and the older people whom have been staying there for so many years and refuse to move though they have every capability to upgrade. My family and some of  lose friends are such example. We have grown so much attached and used to this area. 

My idealogy is not about those staying in hdb can only resign to their fate. What i am implying is the younger society are being too pampered and complain at everything that does not goes their ways isnt it?

I have friends whom got a unit at the said area as well fyi. Mixed feelings too. So i am not against anything but as like what i have said look at the bigger picture guys and be glad that we are far much more better than the rest of the unfortunate humanity in the world..

Replies

#218 Re:

2015-01-01 08:51:44

#216: -  

"I am just like anyone of you guys staying in a bto flat and fyi mine is just near a columbarium anyways and have been happily staying here for the past 30plus years."

Sorry Pls advise which BTO came building with and/or near a columbarian 30 years back !

#230 Re:

2015-01-01 14:33:51

haha. don't kid yourself that everyone thinks the same as you. fyi, many people are staying in the same flat they purchased many years ago not because they want to, but because property prices have been steadily increasing and newer flats are smaller. you know people who want to stay? well, what a coincidence! i know people who don't, but don't have a choice! that's what statistics can tell you, isn't it? numbers, that's all. not the reasons and the lives behind them. you are quite deluded for someone who appears to read the news. i suggest you read other news and not just those from the straits times. you can never get the full picture from there.

you are staying near a columbarium? how near is it to your house? same plot of land? do you have to pass it on the way home? did you have a choice when you moved in? unless you furnish us with these answers, please don't compare yourself to us. if you're of the older generation, i'm sure you don't like people to generalize people of your generation, well, newsflash, NEITHER DO WE! so stop staying 'you young people', etc.

and comparing us to people who don't have roofs over our heads is like comparing our life in singapore to life in third world countries and telling us to 'be grateful'. you older people (yes, surprise! we can generalize, too) who like to make such comments are not making much sense, are you? just because we have been born into better circumstances, we should shut up and accept everything that is going on around us and 'be grateful'? that's how singapore has progressed so far, right? accepting things as they are? sorry to tell you, but singapore has been progressing we have been improving. we are critical because we want improvement, not because we are ungrateful. why don't you older people compare us with the US or the UK or HK? why must you compare us to third world countries? in that case, no one should ever have any complaints? if you are in first world, just be grateful. if you are in third world countries, don't worry, there are others in third world countries. you think there isn't anyone in first world countries suffering? sorry to drop this on you, but there are many poor people here in singapore. time for eyesight check? you need to open your eyes bigger.

yes yes, again with the generalizations, we are pampered. if i'm not using my own money to pay for this house, you can come and kpkb to me again. i don't see what's so pampered about having to pay decades of debt for a house i'm essentially RENTING from hdb for 99 years. it's not even mine! i'm a tenant. and so are you, mr/ms deluded.

and we don't care whether you have friends here. it doesn't make you look any more endearing or your points any more valid.

#287 Re:

2015-01-03 04:09:55

Each of us are responsible for our actions. If you bought a home near columbarium, you agreed to it. but residents here only agreed to a Ct not a commercialized ct with columbarium.

You are not the residents and hence do not understand our anger. we feel cheated and there are many questionable points of the awarding of the bid. Our anger is not with the resale value, cos most of us intend to stay here for long. We just want a comfort place for our new generations.

if you are not a resident, i suggest you spend your free time in other forums. The residents here are already agitated over a scam won by Aust company. please dont agitate us further