Keep 19 Kids and Counting on TLC!

Quoted post

2015-05-24 03:51

This show is sweet, and one of my favourites. It encouraged people to become wiser in handling children's training. I also feel their statements over this matter were beautiful. I was, as a child, the victim of sexual abuse by the RC Church; after tumultuous teen years, and marrying my husband and I sought much needed counselling. We were blessed to have come to know the Lord in 1977, and began reading the Bible. Not one family was perfect: Adam & Eve: dealt with one son killing the other; Noah & family dealt with his getting drunk after surviving the Flood & Animals & Ark; King David had an affair, placed the husband of the woman in harms way during battle,lost the baby, married Bathsheba and had Solomon, yet his son, King Solomon, God used to build the Temple; even Jesus' family thought he was "crazy" during His Ministry...God allows us to see other families sins, error, mistakes and learn how to improve and make things right. He does not disqualify us for our sins but instead focuses on how being truthful will encourage others who are struggling with the same or similiar sins. When I shared with my dad (30 years after events, he was very supportive, heartbroken and sought counselling on my behalf). The Duggars handled the matter as appropriately and discreetly to protect the victims. Anna's commentary shows Josh's heart and the possibility of how matters can be worked through. Discretion is different from hiding the matter and I will support this family with my prayers, love and caring. We were helped by many counsellors, mentors from the first pastor (Protestant) who shared his counselling time with us, and the Gospel to Fred & Florence Littauer (who wrote several books, including, "Freeing Your Mind from Memories that Bind)" to Pastors John MacArthur at Grace Church & Jack Hayford with Cleansing Stream thru Church on the Way in Van Nuys, California and to the Messianic & Orthodox Rabbis who have built us up. I know that there are godly men and women within the RC Church and who were maligned when the abuse situations broke.

Jesus simply said to those who had been repentant, forgiven and healed to "Go and sin no more"! Because we have seen this in our own lives (and did not repeat the cycle of abuse by God's mercy and favour) but did have other areas of sin we've had to make changes in our behaviours and know it is possible to "Go and Sin no more"! Hallelujuah! Bless all the Duggars as they go thru this test! We look forward to the Testimony (ies) that will come out of this time.

Replies

#2948 Re:

2015-05-24 04:25:48

#2946: -  

well said!! people can learn from others for sure and that is why we need this family on TV!!