Keep 19 Kids and Counting on TLC!

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Keep 19 Kids and Counting on TLC!.

2015-05-22 19:50

THIS FAMILY DOES NOT DESERVE ANOTHER "CRUCIFIXTION". THIS IS ONE SHOW ON TV WORTH WATCHING. AND BECAUSE OF THIS ISSUE IT SHOULD NOT BE SWEPT UNDER THE CARPET, ISN'T THAT WHAT TLC IS DOING? I WONDER HOW THIS INFORMATION WAS LEAKED AFTER JOSH BEING A MINOR? THE SITUATION IS HARD ENOUGH WITHOUT THIS MEDIA FRENZY. WALK IN THEIR SHOES. IF THERE IS ANY THING I CAN DO TO HELP JUST ASK AND I WILL DO THE BEST I CAN. GOD BLESS!!!

2015-05-22 20:18

This happened in 2006, it's 2015. He admitted it to his parents, went to counseling, etc. He has changed his life. We are all sinners. And sometimes we are smart enough to ask for forgiveness like he did. Amen! I love this show. They are not a perfect family, they are just like all of us, but they try. Keep the show!!! It's the only one I watch these days.

2015-05-22 20:20

TLC, keep the show!

2015-05-22 22:50

If we were to be honest, there isn't one of us who didn't have an experience when we were younger. If it was as innocent as playing doctor or more involved, what you become as an adult is what is important. This "boy" had the guts to tell his parents, that in itself is a big part of therapy - taking accountability. Let's worry about the racial unrest and so many more important issues than a 12 year old incident.

2015-05-22 23:32

There are 19 children.One, as a young teenager, didn't handle his sexual feelings properly. If the people he committed these acts with can forgive him, and he isn't a pedophile, let's move on with life. I am not saying what he did wasn't concerning. BUt, his tormented guilt, and exposure of one's worse mistakes taking place in the public eye. I can't imagine where he got the courage to admit this to anyone. I don't think I would have the courage. This shows strength of character, and obviously he wasn't harbouring wanting to continue this behaviour. So, he has grown into an ordinary nice young man. let it be. 

Maggie

#2931 Re:

2015-05-22 23:34

#2929: -  

I wanted to say what you said, but didn't hav the courage.  bravo to you for stating it so precisely.

2015-05-23 00:06

Because people are allowed to have they're own world view even if others don't agree with it and come up with retarded petitions to cancel shows just because of it.

2015-05-23 00:25

Please keep the 19kids and counting you will be better for it.

2015-05-23 01:08

Everyone makes mistakes. Granted, what he did was wrong, no one denies that, but we need to realize he was a kid himself, and he has apologized as well as asked for God's mercy and grace, who are we to judge..?

2015-05-23 02:54

Because I believe in the truth and when something happens, the Duggar family own it and show what measures they took to change. In this incident, Josh has owned it and is truly sorry this ever hapoened. He sought put counseling and has had support from his family. I dont think it was necessary for him to quit his job either. I want to see more tv like this. Nobody is perfect and they don't hide who they are or what they stand for.

2015-05-23 04:15

We need to just cancel cable if this show gets taken off for this. How many other people on TV are just as bad, just no one has dug it their teen or even adult lives yet. Or better yet no one cares if they do things like this UNLESS their christian.

2015-05-23 04:26

We all sin, but true Christians, like the Duggars, confess it as sin and repent. Unlike others who call their sin an orientation or lifestyle and march in parades to promote it.

God bless the Duggar family!
shsyze

#2938 Re:

2015-05-23 13:39

#2927: -  

Amen. I could not have said 8t better. TLC kerp the show on! We all love the Duggar family and want to see the show continue!

2015-05-23 14:26

TLC should be ashamed to bow down to public ( liberal) opinions.

2015-05-23 14:26

We want this show back. !! N

2015-05-23 15:55

Every person in this world is a sinner. Most people will not regret, will not apologize and will continue their sins. Josh in the other hand regrets, apologized and is seeking help from God, family and etc. This is huge and respected. Please Keep the show on. We need more shows like their show.
God Is the Only One that can and will Judge Josh and the Family. Not Us!!!

2015-05-23 16:27

I feel it should remain on the air.Just because on member did wrong as a teen does not mean the rest of the family(children)should suffer.They did nothing.this show is an insiration to all.It shows they are real people with real problems.It is a reality show in every sense of the word.Yes Josh did wrong but he was a teen.Science has proven that persons brain does not fully develope till age 25.He has turned his life around and has proven it.He should not be punished or his family for the rest of their lives.

2015-05-23 17:58

Because they show who God really is and truly values us that we re stuck with our sins. So he decides to give up his beloved Jesus so that he can die for our sins and gives us his spirit that he can lead us to right way. All He wants to us to realize Gods love for us and we value God as he's top of all. Regret of our past sins and surrender all of our sins to God and invite Jesus's spirit. Then Jesus will help to guide us and cleanse our sins.

2015-05-23 19:23

I believe the show has positive influence and some networks and groups clearly feel threatened by the large following this family has watching the 19 kids and counting show.
Faithful Fan

2015-05-24 01:32

Every parent who is a good parent does their best to teach their child right from wrong. Josh did wrong and was honest to admit it and they as a family did what was needed and necessary to try to get help for all involved. I also believe as a minor this should not have been made public. This happened 12yrs. ago and why did it surface now.  Love, honesty, faith and commitment to family is what this show is all about and it is a breath of fresh air to what is offered on TV.

2015-05-24 03:51

This show is sweet, and one of my favourites. It encouraged people to become wiser in handling children's training. I also feel their statements over this matter were beautiful. I was, as a child, the victim of sexual abuse by the RC Church; after tumultuous teen years, and marrying my husband and I sought much needed counselling. We were blessed to have come to know the Lord in 1977, and began reading the Bible. Not one family was perfect: Adam & Eve: dealt with one son killing the other; Noah & family dealt with his getting drunk after surviving the Flood & Animals & Ark; King David had an affair, placed the husband of the woman in harms way during battle,lost the baby, married Bathsheba and had Solomon, yet his son, King Solomon, God used to build the Temple; even Jesus' family thought he was "crazy" during His Ministry...God allows us to see other families sins, error, mistakes and learn how to improve and make things right. He does not disqualify us for our sins but instead focuses on how being truthful will encourage others who are struggling with the same or similiar sins. When I shared with my dad (30 years after events, he was very supportive, heartbroken and sought counselling on my behalf). The Duggars handled the matter as appropriately and discreetly to protect the victims. Anna's commentary shows Josh's heart and the possibility of how matters can be worked through. Discretion is different from hiding the matter and I will support this family with my prayers, love and caring. We were helped by many counsellors, mentors from the first pastor (Protestant) who shared his counselling time with us, and the Gospel to Fred & Florence Littauer (who wrote several books, including, "Freeing Your Mind from Memories that Bind)" to Pastors John MacArthur at Grace Church & Jack Hayford with Cleansing Stream thru Church on the Way in Van Nuys, California and to the Messianic & Orthodox Rabbis who have built us up. I know that there are godly men and women within the RC Church and who were maligned when the abuse situations broke.

Jesus simply said to those who had been repentant, forgiven and healed to "Go and sin no more"! Because we have seen this in our own lives (and did not repeat the cycle of abuse by God's mercy and favour) but did have other areas of sin we've had to make changes in our behaviours and know it is possible to "Go and Sin no more"! Hallelujuah! Bless all the Duggars as they go thru this test! We look forward to the Testimony (ies) that will come out of this time.

2015-05-24 04:22

I think they are an excellent example I do not think very many other people would have handled their problem any better!!

#2948 Re:

2015-05-24 04:25

#2946: -  

well said!! people can learn from others for sure and that is why we need this family on TV!!

2015-05-24 05:00

Because everyone makes mistakes and josh was 14 .yes it was wrong but his changed his life.

2015-05-24 05:12

I love watching the Duggar's and I want to continue to watch the shkw